Fuck Elon Musk (Part 2)

It’s worth noting that before attempting to help the Ford F-150 become unstuck, the gas-powered pickup truck pulled the Cybertruck off the same round concrete pipes.

Oh, snap…

download (59)

3 Likes
5 Likes

6 Likes

Moved online? They’ve been there since the beginning…

13 Likes

In 1984, Beam and two other white supremacists established the Aryan Nations Liberty Net, the first white supremacist online bulletin board, becoming one of the first racist leaders — and first Americans — to use computers to organize.

Audio version:

Robert is joined by Katy Stoll and Cody Johnston for a reading of Robert’s. ‘The War on Everyone.’

7 Likes

26 Likes

Truth Lying GIF by Tangina Stone

7 Likes

Doh! I didn’t notice the date on that. It was a new post on Mastodon.

4 Likes

Neuralink implanted second trial patient with brain chip, Musk says

3 Likes

fark_4ph-8bmqEe_8hvXaAWOtCt3uSuk

10 Likes

Commitment to free speech absolutism? He absolutely does not stand for that. He is committed to promoting fascism. Very big distinction.

5 Likes
2 Likes

https://www.reddit.com/r/CyberStuck/comments/1eii5y9/leaving_home_depot_with_a_trailer_and_a_stack_of/

5 Likes

The wave of racist attacks taking place around the UK is, in part, the consequence of right-wing billionaires acquiring control of social media. After Elon Musk bought Twitter, he reinstated the accounts of Tommy Robinson and many other fascists. One of Tommy Robinson’s key henchmen posted the video that contributed to setting off this wave of attacks. Musk has continued to stoke the fires.

While liberals may respond by calling for more crackdowns on “extremism” on social media, such crackdowns would inevitably target the anti-fascists who represent the last line of defense against despotism. Instead, let’s start by asking what it is that billionaires like Elon Musk stand to gain from scapegoating immigrants and promoting civil war, then consider what it will take to stop them.

CrimethInc. : Canary in the Coal Mine: Twitter and the End of Social Media

https://www.reddit.com/r/CrimethInc/comments/1ekkeui/elon_musks_responsibility_for_the_wave_of_racist/

10 Likes

Billionaire nerd slap fight!

https://www.axios.com/2024/08/05/elon-musk-sues-openai-sam-altman

Elon Musk sues OpenAI and Sam Altman again

Elon Musk filed a new lawsuit Monday against OpenAI and two of its founders, Sam Altman and Greg Brockman, two months after withdrawing a similar suit.

Why it matters: Musk’s new complaint, like the original lawsuit, alleges that Altman and Brockman abandoned the company’s founding agreement by prioritizing profits over the public interest.

Driving the news: The suit claims that Altman and the other defendants “deceived” Musk into cofounding OpenAI back in 2015 by promising the company would be a nonprofit with “a focus on safety and openness for the benefit of humanity, not shareholder value.”

I bet all the longtermism capitalist bros involved had a good laugh about that “benefit of humanity” part at the time.

4 Likes

If there is a civil war Elon - I hope you’re the first casualty.

8 Likes

So trying to get superpowers is his real motive for Neuralink huh?

5 Likes

[…]
During a podcast discussion, which also featured Neuralink’s first human subject, Noland Arbaugh, Musk said, “We’ve got, I think, on the order of 400 electrodes that are providing signals.”
The current version of Neuralink’s N1 implant has 1024 electrodes over 64 threads designed to measure brain activity. After some promising initial results, approximately 85 percent of the threads connecting the device to Arbaugh’s brain came loose, significantly reducing the system’s capabilities.
[…]

2 Likes

My usual warning:

At any time, Elon Musk could fake a post from a political “official” account, even POTUS. The only thing holding him back is his man-baby self-control.

Media has to stop treating X as some kind of social media of record. It’s Elon’s private playground.

9 Likes
5 Likes