Fuck Elon Musk (Part 2)

I think I put it above but to explain the context it’s the Workplace Relations Commission, not a court, so it’s unpaid wages.

It’s pretty shocking that someone that wealthy can’t afford to take the case in tort in the High Court where Twitter could really be taken to the cleaners.

6 Likes

Grok will happily give you Elon Musk and Mickey Mouse as mass shooters with dead kids.

5 Likes

Ooh, my hometown! I didn’t even know there was a federal court there.

6 Likes
5 Likes

Thread worth reading.

12 Likes

https://petapixel.com/2024/08/15/elon-musks-ai-image-generator-will-make-anything-grok-flux-x-twitter/

[Grok’s New AI Image Creator Produces Sketchy Taylor Swift Pics (dailydot.com)]

6 Likes

“Black Forest Labs?” Did they actually name their startup after the hypothesis about interstellar civilizations being fundamentally secretive, adversarial and quick to exterminate each other at the earliest opportunity?

7 Likes

Maybe Palantir has that data?

5 Likes

Maybe they like cuckoo clocks?

7 Likes

I assume its after the black forest since these fuckers are germans (dammit!dammit!DAMMIT)

Black Forest Labs is based in Germany…The startup’s co-founders, Robin Rombach, Patrick Esser, and Andreas Blattmann, were formerly researchers who helped create Stability AI’s Stable Diffusion models.

e/ yep, they are located in freiburg (goddabekiddingmeWHAT?) which itself is located im Schwarzwald.

10 Likes

[Tony Yates: “The premise of this piece is not right. Musk doesn’t adhere to an absolutist version of free speech. Eg Twitter was censored during Turkey’s elections at Erdogan’s request.” — Bluesky (bsky.app)]

[Musk’s Free Speech Vision for X Collides With Hate Speech, Fake News Crackdowns - Bloomberg]

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2024-08-15/musk-s-free-speech-mantra-collides-with-crackdown-on-hate-speech-disinformation

[How India tamed Twitter and set a global standard for online censorship - The Washington Post]

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2023/11/08/india-twitter-online-censorship/

[Twitter Censored Accounts in Turkey Due to Musk and Erdogan Deals: Critics - Business Insider]

[Why is Elon Musk feuding with Australia and Brazil over free speech? | Technology | Al Jazeera]

Spring Break Whatever GIF by South Park

5 Likes

That is “The Dark Forest Hypothesis.” Honestly, one of the scarier possibilities for the apparent absence of intelligent alien civilizations. I personally like the “We are the first” option, although that is probably the least likely of them.

7 Likes

I dont know…if our species is the best the galaxy could come up with in ~14 billion years, then I truly hope we are not the first.

3 Likes
6 Likes

Hey BBers, we should take him to Vegas sometime… so we can gamble against him and take home a shit ton of money

4 Likes

The move led to criticism from Republicans over his military record

Elon emigrated from South Africa to Canada at age 17 specifically to avoid military service. Trump faked bone spurs to avoid the draft. Walz served his country in uniform (by choice) for nearly a quarter century before resigning so he could serve his country in elected office.

It never ceases to amaze me how utterly shameless these people can be.

17 Likes

We actually know how Musk gambles from his biography. He uses the fact that he has incredibly deep pockets to stay in until he finally lucks out and wins everything, then concludes that his success was because of his brilliance and tenacity rather than realizing a rich beagle could have done the same. It’s a good example of how he does everything, really.

18 Likes

Or ham?

2 Likes

Alex as in Jones.

2 Likes

Well, am Schwarzwaldrand maybe. I have never considered Freiburg a Schwarzwald town but it is very much the gateway to it. And since the Black Forest for some reason has this image as dark, mysterious and foreboding in the English-speaking world (rather than the image of kitsch and sunny tourism it has in the germanosphere) it makes sense a bunch of Freiburg tech bros would choose that name.

10 Likes