Fuck Elon Musk (Part 2)

Oh, to tell someone is a faithful fan you don’t ask them Lord of the Rings stuff. You ask them about C.S. Lewis and Ursula K. Le Guin and Star Wars and things. A lot of fans will be very into something but still enjoy other films and literature on the side.

7 Likes

Under the most restrictive “conservative” setting, ads would be excluded from appearing near “targeted hate speech, sexual content, gratuitous gore, excessive profanity, obscenity, spam and drugs” in the “for You” timeline.

The company notes that all rule-breaking content is meant to be excluded from ads

So you’re admitting targeted hate speech isn’t against the rules Elon?

8 Likes

Generalized hate speech will be just fine, natch.

2 Likes

He’s also implying that they can identify “rule-breaking content” but choose not to delete it.

9 Likes
3 Likes

“Let’s you and him fight.”

2 Likes

Huh, so you’re telling me she is as much of a dip$h!t as Xusk?

2 Likes

Episode 11 Agree GIF by One Chicago

4 Likes

Or perhaps she’s looking to humiliate him?

1 Like

He clearly doesn’t need an help with that.

I remember hearing an interview with her on Sean Carroll’s podcast years ago. One of those things where you get to the end and you realize that the subject has talked for an hour and said nothing.

“Oblivion” is a really good song though.

2 Likes

I like a good bit of her music. Thankfully this is an easy art from artist split.

Musk does seem to have given her an advanced case of brain worms too. I don’t recall rolling my eyes at stuff she said before he came into the picture.

2 Likes

i always assumed “we appreciate power” was anti musk irony, but maybe she’s serious? :thinking:

( i do like that submit is both “entering data” and “capitulation” - but her earlier songs are better )

3 Likes

That’s from right around when she started dating him, so… I feel like maybe I’m getting an uncomfortable look into their life together?

5 Likes
6 Likes

Interesting choice of words.

Concerningly, X has reduced its trust and safety teams.

2 Likes

… being “an artist” means never having to say whether we’re serious or not :roll_eyes:

5 Likes

We’ll continue to do our research. We won’t be put off by Mr. Musk. Worse still for him, we’re going to double down because we know that it’s important to hold him accountable, especially when he least wants to be held accountable.

7 Likes

From Ryan Broderick’s Garbage Day Newsletter

6 Likes

I’m hoping this case proceeds so they can get all sorts of fun info from discovery :mag_right:

5 Likes

The Australian Broadcasting Corporation chooses not to use all but four of its X accounts (that is: it’s not even pulling out completely, it’s just decided that many of its official X accounts are wastes of time and energy, and not worth the continual stream of hate speech and death threats they get), and Elon demonstrates that he doesn’t know what “censorship” means.

9 Likes