Fuck Elon Musk (Part 2)

Elon Musk Frantically Moved Twitter Servers Himself, Eventually Realized His Mistake

“In retrospect, the whole Sacramento shutdown was a mistake."

3 Likes

Musk decided to hastily move the servers with a motley crew consisting of himself, his cousins, a smattering of Tesla and SpaceX staff, and a moving company whose staff wanted to be paid in cash.

Somebody knew that Elon doesn’t pay his bills.

8 Likes

at least he doesn’t blame himself:

“I was told we had redundancy across our data centers. What I wasn’t told was that we had 70,000 hard-coded references to Sacramento. And there’s still shit that’s broken because of it.”

5 Likes

I wonder if he was told and didn’t listen, was told and didn’t care, never allowed anyone a chance to tell him, or had already fired the people who knew…assuming the whole story isn’t just a bad distortion of a much worse mistake.

10 Likes

But he’s not anti-semitic :roll_eyes:

6 Likes

since zuckerberg was seen a few weeks ago playing with his youngest, suddenly you see murks from mars everywhere with one of his(?) kids…but he really pulls a fucking daniel plainview with this one, isnt he?

3 Likes

I have to post the whole thread because Threadreaderapp’s thread only has the first tweet.

7 Likes

Dumbass really does want to flush 44 billion down the toilet

5 Likes
3 Likes

A Nazi bar with a cover-charge?

That’ll work, but not for the sysop of 10chan. :smile:

4 Likes

4 Likes
1 Like

https://cybernews.com/news/starlink-lost-200-satellites/

2 Likes

Elon Musk demanded a cameo in Cyberpunk 2077 while wielding a 200 year old gun: “I was armed but not dangerous”

2 Likes

" basing his questionable Cybertruck product on imagery from Cyberpunk 2077 as well as Blade Runner. The vehicle even almost made it into the game, though it never seemed to get further than a render."

So… not much different from the actual thing then. Just an early render which they then rushed into (hugely delayed) production.

Wonder how much time they would have saved if they had just spent some time on the design up front…

5 Likes

–aaaaaand I just deleted my Xhitter account.

Casting about now for a really good alternative. Have been lurking on a bunch of Mastodon instances. It’s… complicated… and the people I was following aren’t all locatable in the Fediverse. Yet.

Thanks @orenwolf for calling it early, and often.

Sam Elliott Hello GIF by GritTV

5 Likes

If you’re looking for something that is exactly like Twitter used to be you won’t find it. But that’s not really a bad thing.

5 Likes

Perhaps eventually brain implants really will be useful to give the severely disabled the chance to operate prosthetics, etc., but this definitely isn’t that. The goal of this trial is to see if the patients will be able to control a computer cursor with their thoughts. Pretty pointless since we’ve had decent eye-tracking computers for a couple of decades now that can do the same thing without requiring cutting open anyone’s skull. My Father-in-law got one when he had ALS 15 years ago and it was already well-developed technology.

Edit to add: Neuralink apparently implants rechargeable lithium batteries as part of their device. That sounds like a terrible idea and it’s no wonder the FDA rejected their first applications for human testing because of concerns about battery safety.

2 Likes

What could go wrong?

2 Likes

lithium

4 Likes