Fuck Elon Musk (Part 2)

Oh I have no idea either. The part of this clip that nearly made me choke was the Elon Musk stan saying that this commercialization of space was “democratizing” space. My God, do these people actually believe this bullshit?

13 Likes
5 Likes

The ones they have right now, yes. Individually tailored. Wouldn’t work otherwise, except for people who have the same size within a pretty narrow margin.
Pressure suits you can actually move in1) are complicated.

1) As in work on something in a vacuum for a couple of hours or be able to walk on the surface of Moon or Mars.
Even the suits they use on the ISS have very limited movement for the legs to make the suit less complicated - there is nothing to walk on anyway and wherever possible they use the arm to move the astronauta to whichever area they need to work in.

5 Likes

Just two random thoughts on prizes, who receives them and who hands them out:

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/mussolinis-granddaughter-quits-melonis-party-saying-its-too-right-wing-2024-09-12/

4 Likes

“Someone’s had some Haterade this morning!” - Bleegh.

8 Likes

Tangent: Machiavelli’s diaries very roughly say “I wrote The Prince to kiss ass and keep my head. Authoritarians suck donkey balls.”

8 Likes

Asinus fricat asinum.

6 Likes

It’s a private company, not a taxpayer? Where else is the money coming from?

Skum didn’t get to be obscenely, world threateningly rich by paying for stuff himself. He got there by taking money off taxpayers.

9 Likes

The two have met several times before, with Meloni hosting the billionaire at her official residence in Rome last year, where they discussed shared interests like the West’s declining birth rates and the potential of artificial intelligence.

“The West’s declining birthrates”? Or white people’s declining birthrates?

4 Likes

“to Democratize space”… oh, bullshit. A billionaire in space is not democratizing space!

Sad Canadian GIF by CBC

sick schitts creek GIF by CBC

10 Likes

Ugh, good for him I supoose, but he’s just another one of those millionaires gushing over the antics of billionaires.

I can’t stand to watch more than a few minutes of virtually ANY “news” coverage on corporate media. It’s all so fake, so falsely personable, and insular, and safely advertising friendly.

: shivers :

7 Likes

I didn’t see Tony Dokoupil gushing over anyone. Unless saying “Congratulations…I guess” and then pointing out that nothing about this accomplishment is new is gushing. The other three were gushing.

4 Likes

As I said, good for him, I suppose. He’s nevertheless an active player in that particular clown troupe, and he was careful not to step over certain lines or tell the others just how ridiculous they’re being. :person_shrugging:

2 Likes

yeah, it’s somewhat like the wwe. he’s there to provide friendly, and very mild pushback against whatever the approved line of the day is.

he could have pointed out musk is a nazi. except he can’t

2 Likes

I just looked up Tony Dokoupil because I’ve never heard of him, and it says that he has two kids from a previous relationship and is currently married to Katy Tur. This is interesting because last week Katy Tur was a bit offended by Sarah Huckabee Sanders’ “kids keep you humble” comment, which heavily implied that being a stepmother doesn’t count.

4 Likes

Yeah, that was a really dumb thing for Sanders to say. There are MAGA supporters who don’t have biological children but do have step kids. Or adopted kids. I don’t understand why these statements don’t hurt them more than they do, to be honest.

8 Likes

She has bio kids too. And her (Tur) parent is trans.

5 Likes

Just wanted to point out that this comment would be true whenever Sarah Huckabee Sanders opens her mouth.

10 Likes

I knew about her parent being trans, but I didn’t know that she had her own children (not that it matters). I just heard her say (and I’m paraphrasing), “As someone who has stepchildren, I can say that they can keep you humble…” She even said something about how they do this even before you blend the family. :laughing: (Seriously picturing the whole dating dynamic before they married.)

1 Like
4 Likes