Fuck Elon Musk (Part 2)

Wut?

So FEMA is doing that? Or is that some nutter conspiracy belief? If private individuals are trying to help with helicopters and such, would it be a good or a bad thing for FEMA to block them? :thinking: :person_shrugging:

1 Like

The real story is that there were a bunch of near mid air collisions so some flight restrictions are now in place.

13 Likes

Ah okay. I thought if FEMA was restricting such flights there’s probably a good reason.

4 Likes

Its always a problem when people with good intentions show up to a disaster with no prior coordination. People turn up to help with no supplies other than canned goods and expect to receive food, fuel, water and shelter, essentially becoming part of the problem. The incident commander would be coordinating necessary resources through the incident command system at local, state and federal level.

FEMA’s how-to-help page

13 Likes
8 Likes
7 Likes

This one is good too when disasters are gonna hit an area soon

7 Likes

1 Like

https://www.washingtonpost.com/technology/2024/10/08/hurricane-helene-antisemitic-misinformation-x/

5 Likes

Moved to the correct thread.

2 Likes

And make a follow up appointment. Blood banks tend to get too much supply after a disaster, but day to day might struggle.

3 Likes
5 Likes

I wouldn’t be surprised by a guy in a car suit.

10 Likes
7 Likes

18 Likes

Keys out Europeans!

4 Likes

Um… I suspect that Vance would have something to say about that…

2 Likes

aXN_U0

ItaCuL

6 Likes
8 Likes

There have been at least 67 trespassing episodes since 2022. And since the beginning of last year, 22 vehicles have followed the Teslas into the stations or tunnels, according to reports from the Boring Company that Fortune obtained via a Freedom of Information Act request with the Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority.

Know one thing you hardly ever see in a real transit system? Confused drivers following trains into underground tunnels.

10 Likes