Fuck Elon Musk (Part 2)

Reading the swedish original there is no douvt about the ironic tone and sarcasm in the article.

4 Likes

Brand Danger: X and Misinformation Super-spreaders Share Ad Money from False or Egregiously Misleading Claims About the Israel-Hamas War

NewsGuard identified ads for 86 major advertisers — including top brands, educational institutions, governments, and nonprofits — on viral posts seen by a cumulative 92 million X users advancing false or egregiously misleading claims about the Israel-Hamas war

4 Likes

During this process, I learned that satellite companies are so powerful and litigious that even giant publishers like Nature are terrified of getting sued. Which is…rather worrying.

The summary: astronomers spent a lot of time asking SpaceX and other large satellite operators to pretty please make their satellites fainter and/or use fewer satellites. And then BlueWalker 3 was launched by some tiny company and is one of the brightest things in the sky. Asking nicely isn’t working: international regulation and pollution penalties are needed.

Free author link here! Bright satellites are disrupting astronomy research worldwide | Nature

Musk thinks he owns the sky.

4 Likes

oh musk, haven’t you learned. you can take my love, take my land, take me where i cannot stand, you can’t take the sky from… oh, hell. :cry:

9 Likes

https://lieber.westpoint.edu/can-starlink-satellites-be-lawfully-targeted/

Satellite Jamming | On the Radar.

2 Likes

Touches on Musk along with the other bullshittery billionaires do with these PR tactics

2 Likes
2 Likes

If only there was some field of study into user experiences, so that Musk could have hired people knowledgeable in it to make recommendations!

Failing that, I guess the only thing to do is to make Headlines On/Off a user setting so that people can decide for themselves.

/s

7 Likes

… we can always write our own headlines

Zombie outbreak in Wyoming

2 Likes

8 Likes

(actually, I hope this particular bit aint really sweden :wink:)

1 Like

It’s like this:

1 Like

Someone apparently exposed an AI Teslabot over on Reddit.

https://www.reddit.com/r/bestof/comments/182dvw3/ukattmedtass_exposes_a_tesla_bot_in_a_thread/

4 Likes

rhuadin 176 points 13 hours ago

Pretty ironic that the bot’s name is AccomplishedCheck when u/kattmedtass checkmated it with that ‘Triggered’ bait

the original thread is a pretty good manual how to expose bots; one specific post was enough (so far).

3 Likes

That’s a pretty high value hostage target.

2 Likes

Gritty Stupid Iron Man reboot?

6 Likes

IMG_1138

4 Likes

This Tony-Stark-wannabe probably can’t even sharpen a pencil though, never mind building a super suit.

3 Likes

South Texans are publicly fighting SpaceX after second Starship launch
Starship’s second launch brought more outcry from local organizations.

https://www.chron.com/culture/article/texas-starship-second-launch-18508949.php

4 Likes

SpaceX executive William Gerstenmaier said licensing and environmental approval often takes longer than rocket development and said that “should never happen.”

its just un-fucking-belivable! the fuck is wrong with these people?

5 Likes