Fuck Elon Musk (Part 1)

He can just make it a partnership

4 Likes

Possibly not there today, one of the planes went “home.”

Update: Now on Facebook, ElonJet (also a website) reports that the suspension took place right before Elon’s Jet flew from California to Austin, Texas. Bon voyage!

With so many telepresence setups in the headquarters, though, he could still be with them all the time.

3 Likes

That’s a sign… of something. Of what i’m not quite entirely sure.

2 Likes

The social media platform bought Revue in 2021 for an undisclosed sum amid a larger boom for newsletters during the pandemic, and as it sought to attract users who wanted to make money from their followers.

At the time, Twitter had said Revue’s premium features would be free for all users and that it would lower the paid newsletter fee to help writers retain more of the revenue generated from subscriptions.

ETA:

5 Likes
6 Likes

Cross-posting: Twitter’s Private information and media policy has been changed to justify suspending all of Jack Sweeney’s accounts (though @ElonJet is back now?).

Compare against the April update (Internet Archive) still in use last week. “Twitter Files” posts violated both versions, of course.

3 Likes

Oh God! I clicked the April Link not realizing it was to archive and for a moment thought Twitter had put up a “begging for donations” pop up :rofl:

Next week, you think?

4 Likes

Sorry, it’s labeled, now.

Maybe he went to Austin to visit Alex Jones so he could compare notes.

4 Likes

I guess they’ll just push the loses around the plate until they disappear.

8 Likes
2 Likes

According to sources who spoke to Platformer, Twitter’s new innovation would show users a full screen pop-up asking for consent for personalized advertising and location data collection. The only way to get rid of the pop-up would be to say yes, so it would be impossible to use Twitter without agreeing to the new data regime.

So say if I were in an airplane…

3 Likes

Anyone Else?

Maybe he needs to hire some hardcore engineers :wink:

(This is on my home network)

While trying to follow a link in this very unsuprising story:

5 Likes

18 Likes

looks like it depends on where you live

( eta: sorry for the western centric view, couldn’t get it to display in a more logical fashion )

8 Likes

A shame it was a short lived local bit of schadenfreude. :wink:

Guess twitter has at least a couple more heads of lettuce in it yet.

Aside / Conspiracy theory / fever delerium thought: Maybe destroying a valuable communication tool for activism was actually a expectation of the MBS loan/investment :thinking:

3 Likes
4 Likes

I doubt many people could have predicted how quickly Musk would destroy Twitter as a platform entirely but I’m sure some of his backers were hoping his ownership would make it a less hospitable place for liberal activism.

8 Likes

Local failures with increasing frequency was one of the predicted outcomes of laying off most of the infrastructure engineers. I’m thinking that this is happening right on schedule, though I’d be amused if Twitter died due to waves of “happy new year” posts around the new year.

7 Likes

Twitter’s bankers, however, are more sanguine. “I wouldn’t bet against Elon Musk,” Morgan Stanley Chief Executive James Gorman said in an interview at Reuters NEXT earlier this month. “We don’t get behind that kind of business and that kind of opportunity unless we believe it is real.”

And unless they can shift the cost of their monumental blunder onto other people.

“Weee, let’s bet the pension money at the racetrack again!”

6 Likes

I read that part with the “bloodthirsty” definition, rather than “optimistic,” but I don’t know what sort of atmosphere Reuters NEXT had.

3 Likes