Fuck Elon Musk (Part 1)

This was great. I don’t think that I’ve watched anything of his outside of Adam Ruins Everything. It was kind of shocking to hear him speak in such an “uncandid” manner. Shocking, but great.

3 Likes

His podcast Factually is great too!

2 Likes

Thanks! I’ve saved his interview with Kim Stanley Robinson on climate change to listen to later. Looking forward to it.

2 Likes

I guess they were too busy to announce these checkmarks come with a guarantee from Sylvester McMonkey McBean.

4 Likes

3 Likes

The @bestofdyingtwit version didn’t have the account being responded to. Too long for alt text. What a thing to lie about.

10 Likes

As always, reviewing the facts of Elon’s personal history is like watching the movie Zelig after Woody Allen has been digitally removed (because he is a monster)

5 Likes
22 Likes

Um…FUCK TIM POOL!

6 Likes

Released his buggy self-driving beta test on one of the busiest travel days of the year? That’s supervillain territory.

13 Likes

howisthisevenlegal.gif

6 Likes

Tesla had blocked the use of its Full Self-Driving (FSD) software south of Bloor-Danforth back in March, reportedly due to the difficulty FSD had with TTC streetcars stopping and letting off passengers in the middle of the street.

“The official answer we got from Elon Musk was streetcars,” Chansoo Byeon told CBC News after the Tesla enthusiast received a personal answer from the company’s CEO himself on Twitter.

Hopefully some Telsa won’t go plowing through people getting on or off. (And how are they at school buses?)

9 Likes

He doesn’t give a shit if people die.

Problem solved!

7 Likes

The quote stating it was a Tesla was from a Fox affiliate, which used video from Citizen in which I think I see a second Tesla (with no obvious damage). In a second video there it remained in front of the flatbed clearing away the wrecked black one and the white car that was pinned against the tunnel wall.

2 Likes

[…]

Those members who suffered abuse are now on notice that their tormentors will return. And they return to a Twitter with a greatly diminished staff to respond to any further claims of abuse, and a CEO who has demonstrated indifference to their potential suffering.

Twitter has billions of dollars of debt to service, but runs at a loss. Musk has reportedly said bankruptcy is a real possibility if the service can’t improve its financial position. Users are deserting and advertisers are nervous about brand safety. Its CEO has not indicated how he thinks letting known abusers back onto the platform will help.

9 Likes

He said he’s considering making his own phone if Apple and/or Google cracks down on his stupidity

12 Likes

That’ll definitely roll out before he has to file bankruptcy.

8 Likes

Okay. Yep. I admit it. I’m with Adam Conover now. This isn’t intentional, these guys are all just fucking stupid. The breaking part for me, the part that couldn’t get my head to tick over from “intentional action” to “he’s a real fucking moron” is that everyone in media is so convinced he’s playing 5D chess. Even the people that dislike him in the press seem to be looking for alterior motives.

But there aren’t any. There never were. This is simply a dumb fucking white guy who started on third and thinks he hit a triple.

13 Likes

… I think he’s well past “indifference” by now

5 Likes
15 Likes