Fuck Elon Musk (Part 1)

Boeing executives would drive to their nearest Boeing facility and then were shuttled by helicopter to their office if it was at another location. I thought it was a ridiculous extravagance for a corporation. :thinking:

5 Likes
5 Likes
4 Likes
3 Likes
8 Likes
7 Likes

Thinking you can take on Twitter in large scale data analysis of social media data and come out ahead is ludicrous, no matter how many rocket engineers and public websites you can call on.

8 Likes
2 Likes

7 Likes

debatepakled

13 Likes

debate

10 Likes
4 Likes

think it also goes back to what I was saying earlier in terms of the distraction that

Elon Musk has achieved really effectively. To try to distract from real solutions to the problems that the automobile has created and things that would require less car dependence and to actually offer people alternatives to the car and to instead kind of intervene and say, no, actually, I have these ideas that are going to be even better than that, and we should pursue those instead to try to sap energy from alternatives. So the Hyperloop, for example, he admitted to his biographer that the reason the Hyperloop was announced—even though he had no intention of pursuing it—was to try to disrupt the California high-speed rail project and to get in the way of that actually succeeding.

I would say the Boring Company just kind of slides in there as a way to distract from efforts to improve public transit and have a greater focus on transit as a means of solving these problems with the automobile. Instead of, say, building subway systems he could say, look we’re going to build these really cheap tunnels, you’ll be able to take your car into it. And later he said, why also make it so people who don’t have cars can use it, too. And that promise doesn’t exist any longer either. And that’s really good for him as an automaker.
A dozen years of additional uphill fights on sensible transportation policy because of Uber, Elon, and their media/politician fans.

12 Likes

High Quality Im Shocked GIF

People really need to stop believing that some “great” man is going to come along and fix our problems with wealth hoarding. People like Musk only care about their own status, and will “fix” problems when it benefits them.

11 Likes

Elon Musk sells Tesla shares worth $6.9b as Twitter lawsuit looms

Tesla supremo Elon Musk has sold $6.88 billion worth of shares in the auto company, saying it is in case some equity partners exit ahead of an eventual Twitter deal, with both events deemed “unlikely.”

Just hours ago, he told one of his many investor followers on the social media platform that he’s trying to prevent an emergency sale of the stock.

Onlookers say the immediate effect will be the opposite and, like pretty much every activity by the world’s richest man, will send investors scrambling to do the same with their holdings. The billionaire was presumably referring to a later emergency sale in the event his legal woes worsen.

[…]

A study published last year suggests even a moderate gambling habit is linked to “negative lifestyles,” poor outcomes, and on the highest end “substantially increased mortality.” Just saying.

2 Likes
10 Likes

Musk said public transit was “a pain in the ass” where you’re surrounded by strangers, including possible serial killers

How does he stand looking in the mirror then… /s

9 Likes
13 Likes

i guess this is where we hope the typical projection does not apply. yikes :scream_cat:

2 Likes
12 Likes