Fuck Today, Continued

it’s amazing how much better policy works rather than just asking nicely and hoping for the best

because yeah, nobody is forcing anyone to be a doctor, or a social worker, or a baker of cakes. if you decide to do a job that involves the public, then you should never be able to turn away a whole class of people

( and the same “policy is better than asking nicely” applies to cops and training when training is saying please do x rather than saying you must do x or you lose your job

and also exactly the same again for “responsible gun ownership”. you can ask nicely for everyone to pretty please only shoot the bad guys, or you can establish a no guns law and actually protect everyone. )

8 Likes

This is what we’re up against. It’s what’s going to continue if we don’t call out this language each and every ducking time it happens.

19 Likes

He’ll be one of the first up against the wall.

12 Likes

they’ll vote for fascism? i guess that’s one way to pretend to keep their hands clean. yikes

10 Likes

jada pinkett smith that part GIF by Red Table Talk

Again, I’ll say that punks learned this one weird trick in the 80s - that if you want to stop the fascists from coming around, you make them feel unwelcome at the start. They come and start trouble in the pit, throw their asses out of the club. They harass people on the street, you stand up to them. We know how to deal with these assholes and it’s not be letting their “ideas” be part of normal political or culture discourse.

17 Likes

Triggering warning for a discussion on suicide:

Gonna cross-post this to BLM and the misogyny threads.

15 Likes

The earth is becoming uninhabitable.

16 Likes

The Shenandoah Valley is predicted to be one of the relatively safe spots as climate warms. Last week we were at 95oF with 80+% humidity. That is edging very close to AC or die territory. I was out in it. It was unbearable. In one of the safest spots in the country. We are in serious trouble, and it does not give one good goddam whether that challenges your political position or not.

19 Likes

12 Likes
12 Likes

Time to open that madrassa in Kennebunkport that I’ve always dreamed of.

9 Likes
11 Likes

GIF by NETFLIX

Aren’t there cases of this happening since 9/11 that they never found the person doing it?

7 Likes

PHILADELPHIA

‘Old Food’ Causes Courthouse Clear-Out in Philadelphia

7 Likes

Well, thank god for that.

7 Likes
10 Likes

Not good at all.

13 Likes

Why did CNBC need to trigger my needlephobia? Could they not have used an image like this one of a child getting an oral polio vaccine instead?

(Source)

Also lets hope we don’t need someone famous to die to get people vaccinated this time.

4 Likes

Not as bad as it sounds. This is the vaccine strain, likely from someone who had recently received an oral polio vaccine before arriving in the UK. Most of the first world has moved away from the oral prep because there is a slight risk of shedding, and if it should infect an immunocompromised individual it can be bad. The injectable is an inactivated virus and thus has no such risk, but is somewhat less effective than the oral version. In low risk environments, it is plenty good enough, though.

16 Likes
11 Likes