Fuck Today, Continued

7 Likes

[…]
Visiting the site, Deputy Prime Minister Sheikh Fahad Yusuf Saud Al-Sabah accused real estate owners of violations and greed, which he said had contributed toward the incident.
“Unfortunately, the greed of real estate owners is what leads to these matters,” said Sheikh Fahad, who also runs the interior and defense ministries.
[…]

Which is why it isn’t enough to have nice building codes written, they need to be enforced.

9 Likes

Apparently, the Recall fiasco was just the latest in a long series of “money over security” decisions made by Microsoft. :see_no_evil: :hear_no_evil: :speak_no_evil:

:rage: :exploding_head:

13 Likes

it’s wild that no earthworms are native north of where the glaciers reached. that’s a big chunk of states

also, this:

One of the biggest spreaders of non-native earthworm species is discarded and lost fishing bait — Loss said there’s a correlation between earthworm invasions and places where people are likely to be fishing

also i imagine, human caused climate change making some areas interesting to new species…

7 Likes
9 Likes

I’m thinking Charlie Stross may well be on to something…

http://www.antipope.org/charlie/blog-static/2024/06/is-microsoft-trying-to-commit-.html

5 Likes
7 Likes

https://money.usnews.com/investing/news/articles/2024-06-14/faa-investigating-counterfeit-titanium-used-on-some-boeing-and-airbus-jets-nyt-reports

“The U.S. Federal Aviation Administration is investigating whether false or incorrect documents were used to verify the authenticity of titanium used in some recently manufactured Boeing jets, the agency said.

The New York Times, which first reported the issue on Friday, said the FAA is also investigating the authenticity of documents for titanium used in some Airbus jets.”

10 Likes

I’m actually very surprised at how long it took for India to take Roy to court… She’s been speaking out against the kind of bigotry that the BJP trades in for literally years…

:rage:

9 Likes

Not India, the BJP. Who are fascists.

5 Likes

Sure, but the BJP is the majority party, even after their recent losses. And it’s the state that’s prosecuting her, so… :woman_shrugging: So yes, the BJP is using the power of the state to prosecute their political enemies. At some point, we have to admit that political party conflating their interests with that of the state and that’s pretty much what’s happening India right now.

6 Likes
8 Likes
12 Likes

What the fuck is a coast guard even for?

12 Likes
9 Likes

5 Likes

11 Likes

More on her prosecution…

6 Likes
8 Likes

Oh no! I hope he’s gonna be okay…

7 Likes