Fuck Today (Part 1)

Jesus. That’s terrible. I’m glad she’s found something that works for her and is sustainable.
I’ve always had pretty nasty posterior instability in my left shoulder- it dislocates out the back very, very easily. It’s been happening for so long it’s not painful at all anymore, it’s mostly just annoying and… weird feeling. When I’m lazy and don’t do any shoulder-building weight work, it gets bad. But if I keep my shoulder muscles strong, that seems to help. Otherwise, the weight of my arm can (in some positions, like holding the steering wheel in a car while driving) be enough to pull it out of joint. It’s a maintenance thing at this point.

3 Likes

A nurse without decent medical care…SMH. She deserves better treatment than she got.

6 Likes

:scream::anguished::grimacing:

8 Likes

Yeah. It’s great.
Again- it doesn’t really hurt as much it feels weird. And not very comfortable.
It’s the early-warning signal that I’ve gotten fat and lazy (again).

7 Likes

Yeah. Today? Go and fuck yourself sandy.

3 Likes

I’ve lost ~12 lbs this month. May I recommend an ulcer for messir?

(I have antacids and pain pills for TDay, nothin’ is gonna keep me down >:D)

9 Likes

Don’t listen to him. Ulcers suck. Okay being able to eat a bunch of food and still lose weight was kinda nice but the oh my tummy feels like someone is inside it scraping it with a knife, and the hungry but the idea of food makes me feel worse. NOPE NOPE NOPE.

Luckily mine is mostly triggered by stress and the OTC stuff is plenty strong if I need it.

7 Likes

I should be okay–lay off of booze, acidic food, and get an ultrasound tomorrow and I should be right as rain. I’m hoping for the bacterial cause (since it is easily curable) bit its likely just stress.

More boiled, unseasoned things for me :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Spicy food never bothered me actually for whatever reason, but yeah booze, and tomato sauce was the worst especially leftover.

5 Likes

The 1890s diet. Boiled meats and tripe and cabbage.

7 Likes

You aren’t taking NSAIDs regularly are you? In my case it was the daily NSAIDs to make the arthritis pain tolerable which gave me the ulcer.

That probably sounds worse than it is.

5 Likes

I stopped nsaids about four years ago. I just deal with gout/arthritis these days with stretching and hydration, thank FSM it is now only crunchy and not full blown.

I am not bragging, I think it is like @nothingfuture described. At this point the pain is compartmentalized. But it still feels weeeeird.

The Tummy problems, as much as I hate to say it, are extremely likely combo of BP meds and (dreamy eyes) excellent beer.

1 Like

Have you seen THIS?:

https://bbs.boingboing.net/t/menus-of-the-1850s-and-1860s/

edited to add: @gregmcph beat me to it!

9 Likes

I’m fucking calling it. 11:36AM and I’m fucking done with today. Going back to bed to curl up and Netflix.

14 Likes

Right there with ya, man.

5 Likes

We’ve talked about this. Please stay out from under my covers, it really freaks out the wife.

18 Likes

11 Likes

FINE. Fine. I don’t wanna piss off Mrs. Banana.
I’ll get my own damn blanket.

12 Likes

PInk fluffy unicorns all around!

6 Likes

9 Likes