Fuck Today (Part 1)

Well, nobody’s perfect.

4 Likes

For the record, I do enjoy our quality snuggle time together, but the wife, she just doesn’t understand why we need to take off our shirts.

6 Likes

Doesn’t she know she’s invited to join in?

11 Likes

With a couple of guys who look like THAT? :wink:

8 Likes

Gee, I hope I am invited to this cuddle fest.

7 Likes

A lot of my family are in a red warning for rain/severe flood warning area today.

Warning Colours

Warnings are given a colour depending on a combination of both the likelihood of the event happening and the impact the conditions may have and could be Yellow, Amber or Red.[3]

Yellow: Be aware. Severe weather is possible over the next few days and could affect people in the concerned area. Yellow means that you should plan ahead thinking about possible travel delays, or the disruption of your day-to-day activities. The Met Office is monitoring the developing weather situation and Yellow means keep an eye on the latest forecast and be aware that the weather may change or worsen, leading to disruption of your plans in the next few days.

Amber: Be prepared. There is an increased likelihood of bad weather affecting people in the concerned area, which could potentially disrupt people’s plans and possibly cause travel delays, road and rail closures, interruption to power and the potential risk to life and property. Amber means people need to be prepared to change plans and protect themselves, their family and community from the impacts of the severe weather based on the forecast from the Met Office.

Red: Take action. Extreme weather is expected. Red means people in the concerned areas should take action now to keep themselves and others safe from the impact of the weather. Widespread damage, travel and power disruption and risk to life is likely. You must avoid dangerous areas and follow the advice of the emergency services and local authorities.

I remember January 2005 well. I’d just moved to Oxford, I was renting a room and my landlady decided to not tell me because “It was depressing”. I didn’t find out my family had just missed being flooded by a few centimetres until several days after.

This was just down the road from my parents.

I hope it’s nowhere near as bad this time.

8 Likes

My daughter was informed she’d get her Early Decision (for college) answer two weeks early: today. What a good sign, right? It really is the perfect school for her, and her scores, grades, etc. are all on the high end of their range. They’d be crazy to say no.

They just said no.

So now I know what I’m doing for the holiday break, while my youngest is on a beach with another family and my parents are at a family reunion 1,000 miles away: sitting at home with a surly senior making sure she gets all the other applications in on time (January 1st).

This really has hit from left field. It doesn’t make any sense. At all.

21 Likes

I feel for you and your daughter, this really sounds like a heavy time and indeed an message without any sense.
Keep on tight.

4 Likes

News reports are now saying that Denton Holme, where my parents live, is now flooded and it will get worse. :worried:

http://www.newsandstar.co.uk/news/carlisle-advanced-severe-flood-warning-for-city-1.1231353

4 Likes

I have a sinus infection, and it’s making me a bit dizzy and nauseous because it’s fucking with my inner ear…

7 Likes

Are you able to contact them? I hope they’re safe. Flooding is a pain in the arse. My parents got a maximum of 10cms of water through their place and that alone did thousands of dollars of damage.

3 Likes

I’ve done something to my back and now can’t pick up my baby without shooting pain.

3 Likes

That sucks… Surely the tike is old enough and it’s time the baby carries you around! :wink:

Now I’m out of likes for the next 15 hours!

6 Likes

Oy. I don’t have an infection but lately my sinuses are often clogged and I’m also having the inner ear issues. After years of this sort of thing, I’ve (unconsciously) learned to orient myself visually. (Many deaf people have to do something similar.) But, it’s still unsettling.

2 Likes

I’m dogsitting again (just overnight this time, unlike nearly three weeks last time) and was greeted with a pile of dog diarrhoea and puddle of piss when I woke and went downstairs earlier. Good morning to me.

5 Likes

…better than your own?

1 Like

Eh? Better than my own what?

Oh, hang on, better than finding my own… emissions? Yeah, I guess. Although the up-close smell nearly caused me to add vomit to the mess. I’m just grateful it was on tile rather than carpet.

Anyway, after cleaning up, like @SteampunkBanana, I’ve called it and gone back to bed.

Oh and @chgoliz I’m really sorry to hear that, I really hope your daughter is able to sort that out. Is there an appeal process or any way to get the college to reconsider?

And @XantheStone hope the pain goes away soon.

8 Likes

Sounds like exactly what I’d do.

1 Like

Fanks bruvva!

2 Likes

Well, rest assured that it is their loss. That said, I was definitely turned down by more than one place for grad school and when I totally overreached to one of the top programs I was shocked they accepted me. I still am, to be honest.

So tell her to get out there and overreach. She’ll end up at the right place in the end, just you see.

6 Likes