Fuck Today (Part 1)

and brewed by a company based in Berlin, iirc. it’s a fucking marketing stunt

13 Likes

Well, it certainly puts the Fucking town on the map if they can sell their Fucking beer internationally.

11 Likes

Have some loser tee with your gross sandwich:

10 Likes

This fucka approves:

Okay, he’s Slovenian, what of it?

11 Likes

How about some wine?

(Back story – it’s a response to claims that wine from that region was terrible, even though the winemakers worked hard to produce the best wine. One person’s impression of the quality? Not bad.)

6 Likes

Whoa, that’s not even a false cognate. They’re calling their own wine shit.

Speaking of underrated wine regions, I like Norton wine, even though it doesn’t really exist outside of Missouri.

3 Likes

She doesn’t feel the same about me.

16 Likes

Somebody has set up a Meal Train schedule for her, so I just need to find out when it’s also okay to pop inside for a visit (I guess there’s going to be a cooler on the front porch to drop off food).

4 Likes

You know what, Fuck Today.

This morning she was talking about how excited she was for our vacation in January and possibly moving in together in a few months. This evening I get broken up with by telephone.

There goes several months of me bending over backwards for what turned out to be empty promises! She ‘hopes we can be friends’, but I don’t think she gets that what few problems i had with the relationship were serious ones about how she treats people - exemplified perfectly by her telling me she didn’t want to have to break up with me by phone - over the phone.

I live 20 minutes away. Sometimes you just have to wish them well and lose their number.

27 Likes

Harsh.

People get skittish the more serious things get IME. I don’t know if it’s commitment phobia, or the stress of having to be in relationship mode 24/7, or what…

4 Likes

Take it from someone who’s 90 years old, take a deep breath and don’t burn any bridges on your end yet, unless you see this as a lucky escape.

8 Likes

I appreciate the sentiment and the advice.

When I took a deep breath it became obvious this was a lucky escape. There were a lot of big promises with minimal deliveries, there were other unhealthy relationships in her life that she held on to and defended, and there were some serious ego bruisings and some devalue/discard behavior, and then recently the gaslighting began. And then it really began. Just last week I was the best thing that ever happened to her. Her mom and her pastor adore me as the best thing that has happened to her maybe ever. Today I get dumped by phone. Nope, sorry. Not looking to encourage or enable that sort of behavior. Can’t give it the time of day.

Sometime in all of this I realized I’ve seen this movie before, I don’t stand a chance, and really I’m just feeling that it was another level of put-down to do it by phone. I can’t imagine any response that includes not burning bridges. I’m doing what i can to not feel a bit traumatized by the whole thing. My emotional health matters to me, and there are so many ways to wind a thing down without drama and trauma. It’s clear to me that i don’t have a partner in wanting to wind this down peacefully or in any friendly respectful way.

So, I gotta respect me, and it wouldn’t be very respectful of me to go ask for another serving of gaslight.

19 Likes

Sounds like you very narrowly dodged a bullet.

Take a moment to mourn the future you’d been planning with her, and then allow yourself to realize that, if you’ve described her accurately, that future probably wouldn’t have come to pass the way you’d imagined it anyway.

Being single sucks, but it’s better than being in a relationship with the wrong person.

23 Likes

It’s not appropriate for this thread, but I had a favourable result in my eviction hearing, which you might have read about above. Read about it in the Victory thread.

12 Likes

Exactly this, @AcerPlatanoides. This was an end to what might have been a terrible waste of your time.
Better to get things over with and done, sometimes.

9 Likes

I can safely say she is not in a place to hold up her end of the relationship she said she wanted, and that she had serious boundary issues. She wasn’t crazy, quite possibly on the spectrum and just reeeeeeeealy selfish at the end of the day.

6 Likes

My mom got a second opinion finally and back surgery is not an option. That’s what first doctor’s opinion was too. It’s too risky with her host of issues – in no particular order it’s Parkinson’s, rheumatoid arthritis, scoliosis, and osteoporosis. She’s 68. The doctor recommended some PT and returning to her pain mgmt doctor for stronger meds. That’s all they can do. I can’t see her living for another 5 years – she nearly died last year from sepsis. Very close call. Her mother is 98 but just old, not ill. I am just hoping my mom outlives her. Having to tell my grandmother (fully with it mentally) that her daughter died would be soul crushing.

21 Likes

Today my cat, who somehow survived 16+ years so far, decided to possibly eat a Lego. 2 hours at the vet and $400+ later, they tell us they don’t see anything on the x-rays (might be too small), but he IS constipated…

I told my wife I need to change my living will to say that if I am dumb enough to eat a lego when I am old, don’t take me to the doctor.

Pea-brained, lego-muncher…

27 Likes

First … that sucks. But on to my real reason for replying as I am too curious for my own good. How is it that you think it possibly ate a lego? I mean … seems like it wouldn’t enter your mind at all, or something you’d know for sure one way or the other.

14 Likes

Well, I was still at work. My daughter saw him by my son’s extremely messy Lego table and saw him eat something that she was “pretty sure” was a Lego. Apparently, as a cat is wont to do, stared directly at her as she yelled at him to spit it out. He then acted like her was trying to throw something up and was “silent meowing” (and this is normally a very talkative cat), so we took him to the vet emergency clinic.

Apparently, if the Lego is small enough, x-rays won’t pick it up… so if it was a Lego, it isn’t stuck in his throat, but I wonder where else it could potentially get lodged and cause problems.

7 Likes