Fuck Today (Part 1)

10 Likes

It also brings to mind this story:

Where an islamophobe terrorist drove into muslims praying, killing one and injuring 10 and then was dragged from their car, only to be saved by the imam of the mosque who kept the crowd calm until the police arrived to arrest the person.

15 Likes

Iā€™m not sure I could have done any better. Thatā€™s just so awful. I would have probably stood there gaping. Itā€™s so easy to freeze in the moment and it takes practice, like role-playing, to counter that.
Definitely call the company and report it. Thatā€™s some virulent racist shit and his hate will come out during his job in other, worse, ways.

10 Likes

Mrs. Fā€™s response, loosely paraphrased, when I told her the story:

You know how sometimes when women have been sexually harassed they say that they ā€˜just frozeā€™? That the behavior was so inappropriate and unexpected they couldnā€™t react at all, never mind confront their harasser? Now you have a tiny window into what we mean.

And I guess I do. The world is full of wake-up calls if a person will only listen for them.

18 Likes
9 Likes

That sucks.
At least they arenā€™t burning the place down?

This is from last year, and there have been plenty more since. Fuckers. Extracted all the profit they could while avoiding investing in basic maintenance.
12 Likes
6 Likes

Iā€™ve got a failing disk on my laptop. I should be able to recover most of the data from it, but it is just more hassle that I donā€™t need.

At least I now know what the intermittent USB errors I have been getting for the last few weeks are.

12 Likes
6 Likes

:face_with_raised_eyebrow: :neutral_face: :pensive:

3 Likes

One of my best friends, someone whom I knew for 35 years and really loved, died suddenly yesterday.

Iā€™m wrecked.

I had a long conversation with him just last week; we talked about his amazement seeing his daughter grow up, about her creativity and the meaning she seemed to conjure from nowhere. We talked about his new project and optimism for next year, about car repair, hiking, marriage ā€” shit, we covered everything.

He was a gentle, thoughtful dude, and one of my favorite people in the whole world. Every time it hits me that I will never get to talk to him again, I start crying.

54, and gone way too soon. This hole you left and the grief spilling out of it? I donā€™t know if I can ever mend it, and damn, damn, damn, goddamn I miss you.

29 Likes

Iā€™m so sorry for your loss.

13 Likes

Thank you.

8 Likes

My life right now

This was also true pre-corona, but it is worse now.

23 Likes
10 Likes

Itā€™s sometimes true in Poland too. If I rented my flat instead of owning it I would pay at least two times more that my current monthly mortgage payment.

10 Likes

My psych is dead. Died a week ago but I found out today. Saw him on and off for more than 20 years and thought Iā€™d be devastated but so far, an hour or two after finding out, Iā€™m just angry. Fuck today, fuck this fucking pandemic and most of all fuck cancer. Vale, Doc.

22 Likes

Youtube channel Second Thought just released their latest video- A quick tour through the history of the crimes of the CIA.

It was immediately demonetised, age-restricted and placed behind a content warning.

This leads to two thoughts:

1. Of course Iā€™m going to post this here and try to Streissand the shit out of it.
  2. Perhaps trusting mega-corporations as the gatekeepers of all online content, and hoping that they wouldnā€™t eliminate all leftist productions was a bad idea after all.
15 Likes

Came home from walking the dog to find my catā€™s dead body under a bush near the porch. No visible damage, he was healthy and happy when he went for his regular morning excursion. He was only four.

19 Likes

Jesus! This is terrible! Iā€™m so sorry.

Have you taken his body to the vet to see if they know what happened to him? Maybe ask a neighbor if they saw anything with you cat?

9 Likes