Fuck Today (Part 1)

That care home? Friend of a friend worked there. Know him. Was a regular at our flat for some time.
His parents home: gone. Flat where his child lives with the ex-partner: gone.
One out of hundreds.

I’m literally 20 minutes away from there. On a holiday.
A much needed one. I’m not sure when I’m going. I feel like I should. But I also know that right now, I need to take care of my family, and myself.
I think of going next week.

12 Likes

Engage in pederasty? No worries, my dude. We’ll fight for you in court.

Engage in homosexual activities with another consenting adult? GTFO.

10 Likes

My dad passed last night. I didn’t get to talk to him or see him, but he did get my letter, and according to my stepmother they had some nice chuckles and it brought up good memories.
He didn’t even tell his own sisters that he was sick, and today they will learn that he is dead.
I am so sad about how everything ended up.
Communicate, people, especially with the people you love. :heart:
And fuck cancer.

40 Likes

I’m so sorry.

15 Likes

I’m so sorry. Have a hug if you’d like…

Monsters Inc Hug GIF

Yep.

23 Likes

I’m very sorry for your loss.

Here’s another hug for you:

goat dog hug

20 Likes

I’m so sorry. Hugs and love…

women hug crying sepia

…and fuck cancer.

20 Likes

I’m sorry for your loss.
loading hug GIF by Chibird

18 Likes

So sorry for your loss. It always sucks, but it gets less sharp with time.

And fuck cancer.

18 Likes

How sad. I’m so sorry you lost him. It sounds as if your letter gave him at least a brief respite, though, and I hope you can take some comfort in that.

And yes, fuck cancer.

10 Likes
12 Likes

https://abcnews.go.com/Health/wireStory/superbug-fungus-spread-cities-health-officials-78994818?cid=clicksource_4380645_1_heads_hero_live_headlines_hed

The “superbug” outbreaks were reported in a Washington, D.C, nursing home and at two Dallas-area hospitals, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reported

DC as well. Just what we need…

13 Likes

I have no idea how to plan to protect myself against a lethal fungus.

Surface transmission?

13 Likes

Only (so far) a problem in hospitals and nursing homes with very compromised patients, like most fungal infections, but hold that one in reserve. It might come in handy soon enough!

11 Likes

Following up, in the next 24 hours, thunderstorms with strong rains (around 10-40 l per m²) are likely in the devastated areas. They are predicted to be highly localised, but if they hit localities which suffered the most, the locals are locally fucked. It is in no way comparable to the amount of rain which fell last week (up to 200l/m²), the duration (hours and hours), or the extent (whole river catchments). Still, with the protective (and all other) infrastructure gone, this isn’t exactly a reassuring outlook.

Friends of mine helped since the beginning. Have been shoveling mud, clearing basements, flats, houses. Those which are still there, that is. They are not looking forward on the mud sliding back in …

The river Ahr has become a sewer, because sewers are gone. It can use some rain. The rest can not

The cherry on that shit sundae: Friends of friends sent word that a convoy whit people and material would possibly arrive today or tomorrow - with hardcore neo-nazis. Not your AfD neo-fascist who could be elected for parliament on Sept.26th, but ex-Viking Youth and HDJ.

This year? Stinks even more than 2020. Which was worse than 2019.

15 Likes

Damn stupid Sydney protestors - maskless protestors. The numbers keep climbing. They’ll lockdown my whole state soon. In my area there hasn’t been a case of community transmission is more than 350 days but those idiots Sydneysiders are going to ruin that. I’m tired of karate training in a mask.

And I feel like I am never going to see my best friend again. She loves on the other side to Sydney for me, and she just got a puppy. I need to cuddle this puppy, it looks like a teddy bear.

18 Likes

The whole orchard.

18 Likes
10 Likes
2 Likes

So, what are we to make of Pegasus? To cynically dismiss it as a new technological iteration of an age-old game in which rulers have always spied on the ruled would be a serious mistake. This is no ordinary spying. Our mobile phones are our most intimate selves. They have become an extension of our brains and bodies. Illegal surveillance through mobile phones isn’t new in India. Every Kashmiri knows that. Most Indian activists do, too. However, for us to cede to governments and corporations the legal right to invade and take over our phones is to voluntarily submit ourselves to being violated.

12 Likes