Fuck Today (Part 1)

Well, fuck.

This week:

• got a delivery date for something I ordered in May - ETA is December.
  • had to agree to visit relatives for a religious celebration (which I am staunchly opposed to)
  • the car I booked for the occasion via a re-seller was booked several kilometres away, in a neighbouring town, by database error of the reseller. I noticed when I couldn’t find the company at the location my voucher said, called them and was told this was the second time in just a couple of days this happened, and I should take a taxi to get to the car. Which I did. And now I have to fill out forms to get my money back. Oh, and I paid premium to get the car at a station near to me in the first place. And costs are up due to train driver strikes, and Corona
  • relatives visited include kids, and local incidence among kids is around 400 now;
  • one of them had a SARS-CoV-2 case in his class this week and was himself tested PCR-negative (once, no further PCR gonna happen, and incubation time is until the END of next week if taken seriously)
  • basically every kid at the meeting and also myself have the sniffles
  • my in-law fell, broke both arms, and went through operations yesterday, released today
  • when arriving at their place, partner of said in-law had a blood pressure of 190/80 mmHg, refuses to see a doctor, has no medication to lower the pressure and says stomach and jaw hurt

I just don’t know how to deal with this conglomerate of stuff, and thus write it down to think about it while typing. I’ll try to sleep now, and meditate on how allowing emotions comes to and go while I just lie here and register them.

Also, I want to burn down something. Maybe Rome. I should go visit Rome. And take a Lyre.

21 Likes

Unless that’s a baby, that’s pretty weird.

13 Likes

Maybe they’re walking to his house…

5 Likes
13 Likes

Dammit GIF by memecandy

11 Likes

i ordered a new refrigerator in may, and still don’t have it.

i think companies used coronavirus as excuse to cut labor. they have been trying to keep labor costs just as low while business ramps up hoping they can pocket that margin. meanwhile many are failing miserably at their core business

:confused:

13 Likes

As people start to go back to doing the things they did pre-covid, the arseholes think they need to make up for lost time.

:rage:

Yes, I am a Carlisle supporter, and Hartlepool have been our rivals for the last 90 years (Carlisle’s first ever professional league game at home in 1928 was against them and Carlisle won 8-1, still a record for both teams). There is no excuse and never will be an excuse for this kind of behaviour. We seemed to be making progress on getting rid of football hooliganism until about five years ago, now everything is becoming shit again.

I hope they find and ban the people responsible quickly, we don’t need their support. Bans tend to be enforced across the Premier League, EFL and National league as well as by local non-league teams, and because of Carlisle’s location on the Scottish border I’m sure the the SPFL will ban them too.

11 Likes

It won’t make you feel any better, but there are shortages everywhere right now. At work, lead time for standard components like UHV valves and cable connectors is usually two weeks at most; right now, it’s stretching to six months or longer. We’ve resorted to buying things off e-bay so that we can make our shipment dates.

Going back a couple years, there are supply chain disasters that are exacerbating the impact of worldwide virus response and which, combined with the big chipmakers stockpiling materials and the shady employment practices you reference, are at the root of the problem. Cold comfort I know, if you can’t wash your clothes or keep your food fresh.

11 Likes

that’s my exact problem! my fridge no longer has cold comfort to give :smiley_cat:

( i’ll see myself out. i guess… )

actually, my current fridge is more or less holding it together so far. i just wanted to get ahead of that looming day when it’s ancient self gives up the ghost. i so rarely pre-plan anything, and i felt like this time: ive got it… and then this wait

that sounds like no fun at all. and probably expensive :confused:

( eta: the cat emojis on the bbs turned very scary a few months back. not for the faint of heart. :crying_cat_face: )

10 Likes

Sounds like your pre-planning paid off here.

4 Likes

“ “We were told that the panels that covered the building were fireproof, instead, they burned quickly like butter,” a resident told local paper Corriere.”

15 Likes

This sounds horribly familiar.

15 Likes

hey now. don’t confuse me with logic. i had a whole plan of feeling bad about a major household purchase worked out. now, i gotta change everything

and yeah, good point. :cat2:

( it seems like, hey isn’t the point of modern capitalism instant gratification? and it’s not even managing that right. is there a customer service window i can exchange it for something with a bit more universal healthcare and a lot less houslessness? this one didn’t work as advertised. )

5 Likes
15 Likes

This.

Just FTR, @gatto: the July floods in Germany, Belgium, Austria (anyone I left out: sorry, didn’t blip on my radar, German situation overshadowed everything) have made some things harder to come by. The amount of fridges, washing machines and central heating people had in their cellars which now are sought after is tremendous. The Ahr valley alone has already 180.000 metric tons of “Sperrmüll” (bulky waste) in August, and counting. (Usually, that 9500 tons per year.)

There is a small village called Dernau. 800 houses were heavily damaged. 500 of those now need new central heating. And that’s just one village.
(And it’s not just fridges, heating, and the likes. Its basically everything.)

Add closed ports and difficult part production elsewhere due to the pandemi, and December actually starts sounding like good news.
Took me a while. But I am looking forward to it, now. Nearly.

Oh, actually forgot to update: came here to say fuck everything. I’m loosing my shit, and everyone notices.

23 Likes

I’m sorry, that sucks :cry:
Are you in a position where you can take a breather, kind of get away for a little personal time?
I’m struggling to keep it together, too. Also been noticed, which seems to make me get worse. I’m going away for a long camping weekend soon. I’m hoping the nature and the unplugging will give me a recharge.
This timeline is fucking exhausting. Take care. :heart:

18 Likes

Seconding @ClutchLinkey. Even if all the time you can eke out is 10 minutes to stare at a flower and listen to some music. I think the only people not losing their shit right now, to one extent or another, are the ones compounding the problems. You are in good company. We can all lose our shit together.

My cats help me alot and making time for creative stuff or some Yoga with Adriene, even if it’s just 30 min in the evening. And melatonin because everything is worse without sleep.
I wish I could loan this fluffy guy out to all of you. He purrs loudly and is very soft. He drools too, which is not quite so nice.

22 Likes

When you figure out the logistics, sign me up! I wants the floof!
Oh, and echoing the yoga or any gentle body stuff, so nice. There are nice tai chi stretches that just make everything feel less horrible.
Now, finding the energy to do that is the real struggle. :disappointed:

18 Likes

“Get a floof loan at Floofs-r-Us!”

17 Likes

Insert gif of Ang Lee’s Hulk sitting and staring at desert flowers…

9 Likes