Fuck Today (Part 1)

“ “It is more than surprising that World Athletics did not reveal this evidence before the recent Tokyo Olympics and allow Caster to defend her 800-meter title,” Nott, Semenya’s lawyer, told The Telegraph.

Roger Pielke Jr., a professor at the University of Colorado who for several years has criticized the science used by World Athletics to restrict Semenya and other intersex athletes, said in a telephone interview on Wednesday that the DSD regulations should be suspended pending an independent review.

“This is a test for World Athletics to show that they’re actually listening to evidence and science, versus trying to bend science to some predetermined decision,” Pielke said.”

17 Likes

Bryan Cranston Reaction GIF

9 Likes
13 Likes

Apparently, use of technology like this is expected to increase:

13 Likes

Huh, too bad there’s no money to deal with all those unprocessed rape kits…
Fucking hell.

16 Likes

Sir. Holy fuck.

13 Likes
8 Likes
20 Likes

That’s… I mean… Wow. Just wow.

This adds something to the general discussion about police unions, but my mind is too boggled at the moment to express it coherently. Yeesh.

7 Likes

patriot prayer heads back to portland, police say they won’t get involved, mayor says: hey people, choose love.

what could possibly go wrong?

watch out portland peeps

15 Likes

Goddamnit

14 Likes
4 Likes
5 Likes

and it unfolded exactly as was obvious. physical fights, multiple shots fired ( thankfully nobody killed ), then white supremacists driving around terrorizing a neighborhood while shooting paintballs at people out on the street

took the gunfire to get the police to even show up. unlike literally any and every black lives matter protest that ive heard about in portland

[edit]

don’t click play or go through the twitter thread unless you’re ready. it’s terrifying to hear and see gunfire and violence like that.

11 Likes

Billy Connolly has been an ever present part of my life. My grandma saw him perform at Culzean Castle back when he was a folk musician who told funny stories between songs, this was before the Humblebums or Parkinson. She took my mum with her, then told her that this was too rude so she was given some money and told to go to the cafe. The people running the cafe had other ideas though, and kept the windows and doors open so they could hear the show even if they couldn’t watch it. He got at least two new fans that day.

21 Likes
15 Likes

Entirely effing preventable.

16 Likes

To the surprise of nobody but still an utter tragedy. What a fucking mess.

11 Likes

Meanwhile, state-sponsored sadism inflicted on Palestinians continues.

The panels were confiscated at the height of the blistering August heat, which in the Jordan Valley can go as high as 40 degrees Celsius (about 104 degrees Fahrenheit). A great deal of sadism is required to leave dozens of people, including the elderly and children, without electricity in the summer heat of the Jordan Valley. It takes a large helping of hardheartedness not to postpone this at least until fall. But when the Palestinians are non-persons and the goal to expel them from the valley is clear and firm, there’s no place for humane considerations or compassion by the Israeli occupation.

15 Likes

Stuff like this is hardly a surprise to me, and I know that the tankies are going to downplay it, if they don’t just go straight to denialism.

It feels like every week I have some Maoist tankie trying to persuade me that they have changed and are supportive of LGBT+ people, then get abusive when I don’t believe them. They have no answer when I ask what happened to the homophobes and transphobes who were active in their groups ten years ago.

15 Likes