Fuck Today (Part 1)

I know it’s not the point, and that is really high blood pressure, but everytime I hear about someone’s high blood pressure I have to tell them that I once had blood pressure of 200/120.

6 Likes
5 Likes
8 Likes

I hope you do not get that again.
And I hope you didn’t, and will not get, a stroke.

Y’all, I’m trying to find some rest, but I suck at it. And reality bites. Interventions are rather not going forward as I would like to. Anyway, there are uplifting moments: kid just got a negative PCR. Waited 24h for the result. Still sick, but considering the circumstances quite on top of it.

Thanks for your kind words. I’m trying not to spend time on the BBS when I should be working, sleeping, or doing social stuff. I often come here when I should probably be meditating, or doing something else to calm my mind. I come here for you guys and for the general feeling of a community. Thanks for that.

19 Likes

Honestly, as helpful as meditation is, feeling part of a community is a basic human need. So glad you feel that way here.

16 Likes

@LutherBlisset It’s a relaxation/meditation/concentration trick of mine, but I love well written ambient music. Top quality work is always great to find; I’ve focused on a couple of composers: Grove of Whispers and (it’s a slightly hippie name, but…) Wings of an Angel. I’ve played enough music that I can’t listen to stuff that doesn’t have good compositional strength, but these guys’ work was a brain changer for me. WoAA especially has serious classical Russian musical training, and is very generous with his musical output. Also check out Scott Lawlor. I’ve chatted with all of them over email and on-line and they are good folks.

My Bandcamp profile is easy enough to find :slightly_smiling_face: though there’s more heavy stuff there right now because some days I just need to crank the tunes…

Edit: … and this is more Good Stuff than F**k Today stuff but this is one thing that helps me through it all…

9 Likes

13 Likes

Like the song says, “‘Cause they know if you’re doing the pointing, nobody’s looking at you.”

8 Likes
12 Likes

Oh no, Pele!

Get well soon!

santos fc pele soccer GIF by Santos Futebol Clube

15 Likes

feel better get well GIF

10 Likes

OMG, this is really awful… don’t click through unless you think you can stomach the details… it’s horrifying.

I hope the fuckers that started this qanon bullshit feel awful. They have so much blood on their hands now.

19 Likes

America’s got activist!

6 Likes

The silver lining is exposure for worthy causes, whether or not they make it to the final. Too bad the public can’t choose the movements involved based on their concerns, to reflect topics like this pre-pandemic survey.

5 Likes

Aside from the use of genitalia as a slur, the student who got the ticket is right-on. This cop is an entitled jackass. If the student was “creating a public disturbance” then he should have been arrested then and there, not given a ticket the next day for what seems to have been simply mouthing off.

10 Likes
3 Likes

I don’t know where else to put this fuckery:

Edit b/c I misspelled “fuckery”

14 Likes

i see you got the first letter right, but where’s the a-c-e-b-o-o-k part?

11 Likes
9 Likes

Generally, I think it’s the insults and hurt fee-fees that make cops want to be cops in the first place.

south park cartman GIF

7 Likes