Fuck Today (Part 1)

[quote](Neurontin if you are curious. It is an… Odd drug, but holy hell it is helping)
[/quote]
I took neurontin for a while after I had a seizure they were sorting out, we called that “brain softeners,” it is a weird one.

3 Likes

It kinda feels good, sorta, in a weird way. The best I can describe it is it kinda feels like alkyhol without the Drunk part or the endorphin part. (Which makes sense since it affects GABA)

2 Likes

I am always amazed at how much punishment completely solid state electronics can take before full failure.

6 Likes

some Windows boxes run for YEARS!

6 Likes

Oldest smashed her mouth on the jungle gym at the park. Lots of tears but couldn’t get a straight answer as to what happened and how hard she hit it. Fortunately her front teeth fell out over a week ago so it was mostly gums getting smashed. Got home and noticed bruising and swelling and crazy parent mode kicked in paired with a tight schedule today piled on the stress. The only saving grace was our family dentist is incredibly awesome, and even though it was her baby boy’s first birthday, she invited us over to her house so she could look. Everything should be fine.

Just need to get rid of this headache I woke up with.

18 Likes

I tried gabapentin (Neurontin) for a while for pain management for my arthritis. There is something weird about it, even compared to other drugs.

It gave me this faint sense of unreality while I was taking it. Almost a Philip K. Dick-ian thing? Eventually though I realized that taking it long-term was giving me a hair-trigger temper, where I would get angry and blow up really easily, and decided that for me it wasn’t worth it.

4 Likes

I had to stop playing piano since my right and left hands got out of sync. My left would always be rushing the beat, but not my right… Even messed with typing a bit, it’s got a lot of weird effects. Mangled my memory too.

8 Likes

It hasn’t had those effects on me. But I’m also on a fairly low dose (300 mg a day, some people take 3000mg a day).

2 Likes

Yeah, I was taking more than that. It was way better than the Dilantin they had me on, though. Those were zombie pills. Glad I’m not on anything now.

5 Likes

At this point it’s in a solid state but leaks pieces. I was surprised it turned on, more surprised when Touch ID worked, and amazed that the screen had large working areas. Text input was bad, but I did send Z…z to my daughter with it so cellular works despite the thing being very, very floppy and leaking pieces of internal components.

3 Likes

I’m posting this here, despite the fact I feel it is rather paltry in comparison to other _Fuck Today_™ posts. Woke up this morning and my Macbook doesn’t recognize thunderbolt ethernet adapters anymore. All of the online advice on how to “fix” the issue doesn’t work and most of it is clearly written by people that don’t understand the OSI network model or what goes into the TCP/IP stack in the first place. I see the device being detected in the system log file when it is connected, but it doesn’t show up as a network device. I’ve got 2 of them (I’m weird like that) and neither one works.

And what the hell is up with all of the notices in the system log about various options being deprecated, despite the fact they are set in the default .plist files by Apple? Are the log files just the place the various Apple development teams yell at each other these days?

9 Likes

You wanna share an IRQ!? Well you can share this Fuck RQ!!
eax=deadbeef
drops mic

5 Likes

I’ve been describing the last few weeks as “Everything is breaking.”

To name just a few highlights from the previous weekend, the dryer motor having died, the dryer blower snapping when the repairman was taking it off to install the new motor - so we ended up canceling the repair and going out to buy a new dryer. Concurrently that weekend I was changing my car oil, filter wouldn’t come off, punctured the filter trying to get it off, still couldn’t get it off, took me hours and a new pair of wide-jaw pliers to finally get it. Then during this week a front tire going slowly flat, the front pair was getting pretty bald anyway so I decided to replace them before the safety check, Costco’s out of stock on the standard tires for a Corolla (WTF?), put them on order; then the electric outlet cover fell off when the delivery folks arrived with the new dryer, so they refused to set it up, etc. etc.

But I’ve been fixing things! Winning, damn it! Did get the oil changed, bought the dryer, got new glasses Rx ordered too, finished hooking the new dryer up so we can use it, got the driver’s window scheduled for repair for Monday followed by safety check…

And now today I got the last of the books reshelved, I rerouted the dryer exhaust duct, I go to pick up the cake for our hanai daughter’s birthday and the freaking car dies in the bakery parking lot with apparently a dead battery. God damn it! I got it jumped and got it home but I don’t know what the fuck is going on with this car. Fuck.

In the bigger picture it’s not a huge problem, but right now it’s feeling like one more straw on the “Everything is breaking” side of the scale.

14 Likes

Ah shit I just spilled Chili Lemon flavored mangos all over my bed after rage eating a few last night! Imma gonna smell like a stanky mango for days!

12 Likes

This is Sooo relatable that it’s unfortunately funny. And it is exactly the sort of thing Fuck Today Scream Into The Void was created for.

And how the hell does Costco not have tires for a corolla!? That’s like… The opposite of reality!

10 Likes

Feck today.

10 Likes

God Fecking damnit.

6 Likes

It is funny! It’s both funny and maddening, according to which way you tilt your head, like a duckrabbit.

7 Likes

It OK, he’s just drank a bottle of floor polish.

Hasn’t he?

:cry:

3 Likes

Today has been one of those days that makes me want to switch from adderall to wellbutrin, what makes it worse is that there isn’t even something particularly frustrating or depressing that happened to me today, it’s just my mood. Also there is a Oscar party tonight that I really can’t get out of going to, and I fucking hate Oscar parties. I just want to break shit and cry [or maybe scream] right now.

17 Likes