Fuck Today (Part 1)

GOD DAMMIT

1 Like

My “fuck today”…

Prepping for a decennial colonoscopy tomorrow. The process has gotten better, but I still can’t have anything but clear fluids all day today. Yet for some reason the rest of the family still wants to eat regular food. RatKids had waffles for breakfast, I had tea. And now RatWoman is taunting me with her bagel. I’ve having more tea. Perhaps some chicken broth for second breakfast?

And at 5 pm I get to start drinking a gallon of polyethylene glycol solution, purpose of which is to make me poop uncontrollably and clean out the gut. Really not looking forward to that.

20 Likes

Dude that sucks. Fuck today indeed.

4 Likes

Oh my god, that stuff. When I went for my colonoscopy (I’ve only had one) they asked me if I drank it all and I said “yes”. Then they asked me if I had vomitted any of it up and I said, “No, but if I’d known that was an option, I would have in a heartbeat.” I’m very sorry for you and for everyone.

15 Likes

When you [quote=“RatMan, post:562, topic:67518”]
poop uncontrollably
[/quote], think of me.

12 Likes

But I already do that! :wink:

11 Likes

I’ve only had one in so far. Have to decide if it’ll stay in the whole time or where going to try for a second baby. Turns out that’s a really hard decision.

2 Likes

A follow up: I was supposed to get my official government invitation letter this week. Yesterday, I found out that I need a criminal background check first, which I have to get done in the US. I was planning on going back to the US anyway, but the original plan was that I would have all my visa application paperwork ready when I left China and the day after my return to the US, I would Fed Ex it to the visa service company. (Since there is no Chinese embassy anywhere near my hometown, I have to use a company to transport my documents to the embassy.)

Now, I’ve got to get a background check, scan it, send it back to China, they will send me a scan of the invitation letter, and then I can mail it all to the visa service company. Two post-return steps have been added to the process, and I’ve only got roughly three weeks to work in before my too-late-to-cancel return flight.

You know, I don’t see myself renewing my contract with these guys.

11 Likes

Thanks for reminding me: mine is due by my annual check-up in May. Yes, I’ve procrastinated for 9 months already. Ugh.

6 Likes

Mine is more like a Darn It day: only free day this week, no meetings, and so of course one of my kids decided that today would be a sick day. (Yes, decided, because she’s been sick all week but had tests so she went to school anyway…today is an all-arts day, which she hates to miss, but at least there are no tests or homework assignments to catch up on.)

8 Likes

Today is more of an awwwwww day.
Took the dog to the vet this AM. He had to get his teeth cleaned. They do this under general anesthesia. He’s home now. Unhappy. Shivering and softly whining. And there’s nothing I can do to make him feel better. :frowning: How do you explain to an animal that the disorientation will pass?

12 Likes

Oh it hurt like crap when I had mine put in. Reminds me time to see the midwife.

4 Likes

Remember, dogs’ brains are approximately at the mental development of a toddler. So, hold and stroke him, talk softly, and in general be soothing for him.

8 Likes

Ah, come on, do it, schedule it in the morning. You need it done and it ain’t that bad. And the best part, is that first thing you eat after you’re all done with the whole thing is the best food EVER!

/dad mode off :slightly_smiling:

6 Likes

I’ve never had one. Docs have gone up… The other way… Which left me with scar tissue in a place you don’t want scar tissue.

On the plus side, anyone going for a colonoscapy should print out the Strategic Butts thread and hand it to their doc.

9 Likes

Why am I out of likes for 17 hours?

7 Likes

Fucking fucking fuck!

I am on a couple of medications, nothing serious–blood pressure, gout, mood stabilizer, and prozac. My fucking pharmacy (which I’ve used for three weeks now in CA) has lost all my prescription info. It’s Safeway, and I’ve used various branches for years, and they have been great. This one is apparently staffed by fucking morons.

So guess what I get to do this weekend? Go through unsupervised, un-titrated fucking withdrawals.

I really, really want to punch something right now.

18 Likes

Your doctor’s office should have someone on call. They need to get you an emergency supply (2-5 days) ASAP. Sent to another pharmacy if necessary. Your doctor doesn’t want you going through withdrawal any more than you do.

7 Likes

Yes, that is my task for today. It is as far from life threatening as it gets, but is so infuriating since this is the fourth time out of four they’ve screwed up.

Am I just a glutton for punishment? :wink:

6 Likes

Today I got up early to drive Sophie to a recital 4 hours away. We got coffee and I thought I put my phone in my coat pocket, but left it on top of the car. We heard it fall off while we were driving so I pulled over and walked up the road where it was in the center of the lane between normal tire contact areas, but someone saw me and moved over so I got to hear and see it crunch under both wheels…

It still kind of works somehow despite pieces flopping around a lot.

13 Likes