Fuck Today (Part 1)

Ha! No. That’s hilarious. I did put the furnace on tho… it was only 16C inside.

4 Likes

Brrrrr… Coldness indeed! It doesn’t normally get snowy at this point in the year, right?

4 Likes

According to my friends and family at least that’s warmer than my heart.

8 Likes

Growing up we all went trick or treating in snowsuits. But its not been cold like that this time of year for decades. Climate change wot wot. This throw back weather throws us all for a loop! I swear we all dream that one year winter will just skip us altogether.

5 Likes

But… how can people think you don’t have a warm heart?

5 Likes

I would pay good money for some of that weather you’re experiencing.

Signed,
Drought Intolerant in Southern California

7 Likes

I’m in Oregon, the place people make fun of for being cold and wet. We’ve had like 1/2" the last thirty days.

I’m ready for rain, we need it too.

7 Likes

Apparently, at least parts of the SW are going to get some wet weather in the winter (here in the SE too) because of el Nino. Hopefully, it will help.

2 Likes

Yes. Office hours are for sucking up to the prof to get higher pitygrades.

2 Likes

I did two startups back to back in the early 2000’s. I have nothing to show for it. No equity I cashed in, no fame, no glory. And 1 person I barely keep in touch with from those days. It was useful but far from anything I’d call a good experience. Too much strife. I vowed that anything I do henceforth will be bootstrapped and natural growth. True VC wonks will scoff at this. But to hell with them. I’m doing it my way.

9 Likes

Ain’t that the truth, Ensenada relies completely on well water, of which there is very little left because no rain and no rivers. I get water for a few hours every 4 or 5 days, enough to fill a water tank. The installation of which has given me nothing but grief BTW.

3 Likes

Dusted some snow here in Ottawa as well.

Merde. (More precisely, “merde blanche”.)

9 Likes

I love my computer, especially when it works exactly like it’s supposed to. To bad it isn’t doing that today.

8 Likes

If we are whinging, my baby is teething and wakes up multiple times a night. Last week I was heading into depression but I seem to be coming back out of it again.

7 Likes

It’s not forever. It’s not forever. It’s not forever.
Keep saying that and you’ll get there.

It’s only for about 20 to 30 years.

I remember tag teaming our first bub into the early hours of the morning. We’d take turns carrying her around until the carrier started crying, and then we’d swap. Good times.

10 Likes

Yeah, I’m enrolled in business courses and this particular program has a big push toward entrepreneurship. One of the things they discuss is that when you open your own business, you don’t want to change one job for another job, you want to be the boss and delegate shit out. I thought it was pretty insightful. I once had my own web design business and just hated it. I couldn’t divide out my own life from it; I worked many hours unpaid because I felt I needed to do thing right even if the customer hadn’t paid. It’s very hard to be your own boss; definitely gave me a dose of reality on the “be your own boss” dream.

I’m sorry that you are dealing with all these issues @slybevel I hope the cancer colong thing was just a scare and not a real thing??

7 Likes

Well played, sir or madam, well played.

4 Likes

It was 16 in Hamilton today.

No snow.

I wee bit of snow fell on us playing soccer yesterday, but the the sun came out again. …

2 Likes

So you’re in Disneyland right now? Hopefully not down and out.

3 Likes

I just got caught in the middle of a stupid and annoying reality TV show

3 Likes