Fuck Today (Part 1)

4 Likes
3 Likes

It was the draw for the FA Cup first round today.

Carlisle United got Plymouth Argyle away. The longest possible trip in the draw and theyā€™ve already had to do it once this season. Fuck the universeā€™s random number generator.

You have to be insane to be a Carlisle supporter. Iā€™ll add it to my long list of mental health problems.

1 Like

Dear employer, did you actually fucking test this new time system you contracted out to a vendor?
Cause you have the helpdesk answering only for issues about the new system. It is now 3 days and I can actually log in now but it totally locks up and I canā€™t do anything. i WOULD LIKE TO GET FUCKING PAID.
I HOPE THE VENDOR GAVE SOME YOU DAMN GOOD BLOWJOBS FOR THIS CRAP SYSTEM.

13 Likes

That wouldnā€™t be a company sharing a name with a Greek god and a string quartet, would it?

4 Likes

Well that would sound cooler than the boring name it does have.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve just recovered from a potentially life threatening reaction to a new brain medication (it didnā€™t get that bad, but it I saw a lot of doctors, lost a lot of sleep and took some awful drugs). Thatā€™s my second dangerous reaction to a brain medication in four different medications tried. Iā€™m batting .500 for life threatening reactions to anti-depressants/mood stabilizers. What the fucking hell is that?

24 Likes

Jesus. If it was the same bad reaction both times, then your doctor may have screwed up and prescribed something too similar. If it was a different reaction each time, then thatā€™s some pretty bad luck. I thought anti-depressants were usually not super likely to produce life threatening reactions (except suicide, which is worryingly common when switching / starting / stopping / adjusting dosage)

8 Likes

It speaks to you being unique? But jesus, that sounds terrible. Hope you fully recover soon.

12 Likes

Did I really, I mean really just lock myself out of my house today?

16 Likes

You donā€™t have a collection of artisanal lockpicks?

16 Likes

Did you want the question thread? :wink:

I pulled me back/neck playing video games today. So now Iā€™m stuck on the floor. Trade you the floor for being locked out?

8 Likes

@japhroaig What about that one window you always keep unlocked?

10 Likes

I have this strange burning sensation in my side, kind of in the back and also a little bit around the side and in front. Did I pull a muscle or is it a tumor?!? Egads. Time for more whiskey. Itā€™s 4:23 pm.

3 Likes

I was thinking about it, and in an emergency sure, but Iā€™d have to climb through a shelf of canned good s :smiley:

5 Likes

Fair enough. Hope you get in soon.

1 Like

That shows me why I should never change pants.

14 Likes

Knock on wood, but I havenā€™t done that since I stopped locking door handles, only deadbolts. This means I have to physically lock the door every time I leave the house, which means I have to leave with my keys on me. Doesnā€™t protect against losing your keys while out, but you donā€™t ā€œlock yourself outā€.

10 Likes

I also have weird reactions to drugs, so I know how scary it is to try something new, knowing that the normal cautions donā€™t necessarily mean a thing when it comes to your own personal chemistry. Scary stuff indeed.

Hope today is better for you.

9 Likes

Artisinal rocks are quicker.

14 Likes