Fuck Today (Part 1)

Well, I officially had to get a head transplant. Good thing I rolled a twenty on my savings throw.

21 Likes

Who’s head do you have now?

7 Likes

Vecnas of course.

9 Likes

That must have been some good morphine… :slight_smile:

12 Likes

I kept quoting Oliver twist, "please sir, may I have more!"
There was response was always, “fine! But you have to have this valium chaser!”

16 Likes

Oh no… I’m so sorry!

15 Likes

Not sure if messing with Photoshop is the best way to keep my mind off things, but I had to do a Rainbow Bridge.

36 Likes

:cry:

Oh no.

12 Likes

Dude, you had me bawling with the Rubber Ducky song.:sob:

11 Likes

Words cannot convey how much she will be missed :sob:. Coming across a Princess post on the BBS always made my day so much better, the love you gave to her shone through every picture.

25 Likes

So very sorry. Reading of her passing sent a chill down my spine… I’m picturing a (very polite) warrior princess seated at Valhalla with nothing but the choicest kibble laid before her.

22 Likes

Now cracks a noble heart.

Good night, sweet princess, and flights of angels sing thee to thy rest!

29 Likes

https://www.newscientist.com/article/2073984-head-transplant-carried-out-on-monkey-claims-maverick-surgeon/

6 Likes

I am so sorry, her highness will be missed.

11 Likes

@nemomen: sorry about the little creature. I’ve never met a hedgehog, but they seem sweet (also artistic and much more ambitious than I would have guessed…)

My fuck today contributions (for a sufficiently broad definition of “today”):

• More cancer in the family. Looks like a bad one (two for one, actually).
  • Tried to stand up under an open window, did not succeed. Scalp now contains a puncture shaped like the corner of the window. Ow.
  • All of France is celebrating football while I try to sleep.
28 Likes

I’m so sorry… all that sucks, but especially cancer…

25 Likes

I just saw this news. I’m so very, very sorry for your loss. :crying_cat_face:

20 Likes

This may perhaps be more easily grokked when on less or possibly no morphine. OTOH, please let me say that the following may be taken with a rather large grain of salt if one places zero value on Various Alternative Health Therapies [Such As They Are].

Ever heard of Louise Hay? Well, even if your answer is “no” and even though this quote is going to sound extremely obvious to anyone who has been reading about your eventful few months recently…

Louise Hays [sic] states that the pancreas represents sweetness in our life and cancer represents deep hurt and long standing resentment. This withholding of sweetness is akin to grief. One can say that it is the inability to breakdown and digest life – pull the sweetness out of it, the richness and the nutritive aspects. When stress and resentment builds up we limit our resources we have available to heal and to think clearly and prosperously. We don’t need to hold in our pain and grief, with the right support they can be released.

src= http://www.selfgrowth.com/articles/pancreas_protector_provider_and_manufacturer

My psychotherapist kept a copy of Hay’s book on her table, and from time to time when we were in session, I would mention my knees, or my neck, etc. and would wince to see her open that dang book up, look up knees (or neck or whatever)… and this usually resulted in the fastest, most accurate drilldown (argh!) through the many layers of crap we’d work on together. Dangit.

Pancreatitis: Rejection. Anger and frustration because life seems to have lost its sweetness.

src= Causes of symptoms according to Louise Hay | The Alchemy of Healing

I completely reject the malarkey folks tell me about how terrible terminal disease patients create their own illnesses, or that a child with bone cancer somehow has himself to blame. Co-factors too many to count figure into each person’s total health. But I’m certain there is a mind-body connection in human health.

With gratitude for what you bring to us here in the past, present and future,
and with sincere wishes for your healing and deep support from your allies near and far,
I wish you good luck Sir.

Be well.

ETA: added noun, preposition for clarity

7 Likes

I am not going to delve deeply into mind-body connections in regards to illness, other than to say this was the loudest wakeup call I’ve ever experienced. There isn’t much like a 30% mortality rate (based on my family history and how severe it was), begging for water for two days (which I couldn’t have), and needing to schedule a consult with an oncologist this week to… how do you say…?

Really put shit in perspective :ghost:

Right now I feel absolutely wonderful. Calm, centered, clear headed, and only some pain.

Also, you mutants aren’t getting rid of me that easily :smiling_imp:

Eta

Every time I went to the bathroom I stuck my head under the faucet and gulped as much as I could. I figure the staff knew what I was doing. I didn’t care.

26 Likes

Not in the same league, but thyroid cancer survivor here. Cancer goddamn sucks, but it does center the mind. Since like me, maybe you deal with shit by learning as much as possible, here’s a great Radiolab episode on tumors.

Also, fuck tomorrow, because I like to get a head start on the week.

17 Likes