Fuck Today (Part 1)

We all are gonna feel sad today for this loss. She brought a lot of joy to the BB denizens and others.

28 Likes

I imagine her in hedgehog heaven, rolling happily over cars.

So sorry for your loss, feel hugged (ah, if you wish so).

25 Likes

OH NO! I’m so sorry! I haven’t been checking on this thread lately and just found out. That sucks. I offer you all the hedgehugs in the world.

30 Likes

:broken_heart:

29 Likes

I’m so sorry to hear it. We’re all really lucky that you made her a part of all of our lives through your pictures and storytelling. She brought a lot of us a lot of joy.

28 Likes

I’m so sorry for your loss, nemomen. I really dug that little girl.

22 Likes

Fffffffffffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

I’m so sorry to hear that. That little katamari ball of wonderfulness will be missed.

25 Likes

Thanks guys. My wife’s out of town dealing with some stressful family crap, so I’m deferring mentioning anything for now, she has enough to deal with. In the last few days she was generally in a good mood (if a bit sluggish) and didn’t show signs of being in pain other than the limping, so I’m glad for that, if she was in agony on top of it I’d have been extra-distraught. She was pretty young for a hedgehog (they usually live 4-6 years), but I guess the candle that burns twice as bright burns half as long. I went into it knowing she was all too mortal, but man does it suck to lose her. Still with pets it’s better to have them, love them, care for them, and remember them in the end.

34 Likes

I can only echo what others have said: seeing her really did brighten my day. I saw hedgehogs in a different light once you started sharing your stories and photos of her with us. Thanks for that. @ActionAbe’s portmanteau absolutely nails my sentiments right now—hedgehugs for you, buddy. We miss her already.

24 Likes

Oh… I am so, so sorry. I wish the best to both you and your wife. I have no words. If it’s any consolation, I imagine Her Highness across the Rainbow Bridge, playing with all the other beloved pets we Happy Mutants have lost, enjoying their wait for us to rejoin them someday.

Edited to add: thank you for sharing the Princess with us. She was truly a bright light in some pretty dark days. We will miss her too.

(Who’s cutting onions?)

28 Likes

Nothing that I can say that hasn’t already been said. Your love for her and hers for the world really came through in your posts. I’m legit tearing up here. :broken_heart:

22 Likes

Yes.
I’m so sorry. She and you made things brighter.
Take care and we will remember.

21 Likes

Aw, damn man;

I’m so sorry.

18 Likes

I’m so sorry. She was so delightful, wasn’t she, and truly a part of your family.

18 Likes

Ooohhh. I’m so sorry. Hugs?

17 Likes

Bummer. Never was there a finer princess.

22 Likes

Sorry for the loss. I’ve been getting a little choked up whenever I have come across a Princess post today.

22 Likes

it’s 1 AM. half an hour ago the nightshift called because of a dead VPN tunnel. and I’m not totally sober. fun!

15 Likes

isn’t working on the system while under the influence a tradition?

10 Likes

it’s only IPSec. I wouldn’t dare to drink and derive!

9 Likes