Fuck Today (Part 1)

I have CNCP (Chronic Non-Cancer Pain) and I rely on Oxy for pain management because it’s the only thing that works for me and doesn’t make me high when I take it nor sick when I don’t. Everything else either makes me high when I take it and/or incredibly sick when I miss a dose. With oxy I can take it when I need it and ignore it when I don’t.

So who knew that when I left this post for a fellow mutant with some advice on finding a pain management Dr. I’d be taking my own advice so soon?

Turns out my Dr was arrested in SF week before last and, along with facing civil proceedings stemming from a patients death (who was on a lower daily dose of than I am) is now also also facing criminal charges for allegedly running a “pill mill” with the local Ford dealership. Fuck me.

It’s going to be hard enough to find a new Dr alone, but I live in a small town and every Dr here is going to know his name and what he did.

The best part - the absolute best - was a news article I found on this where they note that a bunch of his patients are going to be going through withdrawals. With zero concern paid to any of us that are facing the dire and very real dilemma of a tidal wave of pain so tall it can kill - nope. Who gives a shit about them - they’re junkies now, not patients!.

Unless you count their passive aggressive advice that heroin isn’t a good alternative to oxy because “you don’t always know what you’ll get”.

I fucking hate this world sometimes.

22 Likes