Fuck Today (Part 1)

This so much. things have taken a turn for the worst for my step dad…

Triple fuck cancer…

20 Likes

No, no it doesn’t. Condolences. Truly.

:sob:

I kinda squared that mentally as “coping with loss” will be the last lesson my best friend teaches me… time & time again. :pensive:

8 Likes

Is his name Mario or Luigi, by any chance? :wink:

4 Likes

I have just spent today with one branch of the family – racist, small-minded, Trump supporters – and then another – racist, small-minded, Trump supporters. And I had to leave our house guests, one of my oldest friends and his husband, behind at our house to do so.

At least I get to end the evening reading supportive loving posts from strangers on the internet whom I’ve come to value as friends to other strangers on the internet whom I’ve come to value as friends.

25 Likes

Nah, but a fine paisan anyway… Nick Ancona

Can you believe that in this day and age the guy STILL doesn’'t have a web site of his own?!?

3 Likes

My step dad took a turn for the worst this weekend. He’s jaundiced and not really awake anymore. His mom and sister came down today to see him. My mom is distraught. It will probably be this week.

25 Likes

Dammit. I’m so sorry for you and yours. It will be a rough, terrible week (which I’m sure you know already) but internet strangers’ thoughts are with you, if that helps even a smidge.

18 Likes

It does. I just wish my mom didn’t have to go through this.

I also wish I could have gotten my shit together and gotten them into a story corps booth to record their story for posterity. Maybe I’ll take mom to the local one instead.

19 Likes

From another random internet stranger, much supportive thoughts for you and your family. Times like this suck. :frowning2:

13 Likes

That’s the worst. This stranger’s thoughts are with you too.

10 Likes

I’m very sorry to hear this. Cancer really sucks. Here’s a big hug for you:

13 Likes

I’m really sick of cancer in my family. Thanks!

17 Likes

Take care!

8 Likes

Do this!

One of the most prized possessions in my family is a series of letters my grandfather wrote to my Mother when she asked him about his childhood in post WWI east end London (Bow Road Represent!)

And I’m so sorry for your Mom and you and your step-Dad, fuck cancer in the eye.
And take care of yourself, I know you have to be strong for your Mom but you don’t need to be strong for everyone or all the time. /internet-hugs

16 Likes

It would make you a lot easier to identify.

4 Likes

Well, alright then …

Unfortunately, the icon version doesn’t show off the full outfit. (I had to recreate this with the Eleven Giants wardrobe interface, since I never saved it from the original Glitch game. (Want a ‘fuck today’ included? Hmm. How about fuck whatever kept Glitch from being able to continue its existence? I spent about an hour this past weekend flipping through screenshots and such from that game. I’m still a bit stunned as to how much I miss it.)

12 Likes

You can actually grab your avatar and even your sprite sheets from the archive site. Here’s you:

4 Likes

Oh, I did, but I never saved the version for that particular outfit.

2 Likes

I reckon you’re being too hard on yourself about ‘getting your shit together’. From what you’ve written, your stepdad’s diagnosis was very sudden, so there was no way you could have predicted this situation arising.

Also, I don’t know what a story booth is, but in my head it’s like the recording set-up in Tenacious D’s clip for ‘best song in the world’ (or whatever that’s actually called)… so in my imagination, you, your mum and stepdad are rockin’ out while telling their story! :guitar::microphone::performing_arts:

Anyway, my thoughts continue to be with you and yours. And as someone else in this thread said recently, remember to take care of yourself too.

6 Likes

I’m sorry; that sucks.

ETA:

I’m so sorry you’re going through this.

*hugz

7 Likes