Fuck Today (Part 1)

Minor fuckery:

They cancelled the Nightly Show, & using a tablet to boing SUCKS.

That is all.

17 Likes

Lower your expectations, it’ll go down better…

TobinL just reminded me about bookmarking and I was like, you can do that? (I do 99% of my boinging on iOS and can break Discourse quite easily - the gear () is not your friend, you have been warned.)

ETA: I feel your pain.

8 Likes

You mean like expecting to have my work PC back before an entire freakin’ month has passed?

I’ll work on that…

11 Likes

You’re still dealing with that?!

7 Likes

Sure, go ahead; laugh it up.

Keep in mind that I have a long memory and an avid interest in schadenfreude.

15 Likes

schadenfreude’n calling - my dental hygienist left/quit & the only other hygienist at my dentists office that I’ve ever had the misfortune of meeting was like going three rounds with Mike Tyson.

I have an appointment Tuesday after next. :frowning2:

10 Likes

See?

7 Likes

yea, but, are you back on the network yet?

5 Likes

Get back to me after your appointment.

5 Likes

Contrary to what you might expect… here’s something you really, really want to see when there’s a fire on the other side of the ridge.

(Not my pic… I was busy soaking the outbuildings with the pool water.)

They’re calling it 40% contained but more importantly to us, they’ve stopped the northern edge of the fire.

26 Likes

I’ve weathered a few close ones over the years. Stay safe!

8 Likes

This is a large swath of carpet right now. If it looks like cat litter, that’s because it is. There was a power and therefore sump pump failure during a storm and things got flooded. I’ve been contending with moisture in various ways before finally resorting to kitty litter. I may have to rip up the carpet anyway.

In the meantime the area is off-limits to the cats, which have grown accustomed to shitting directly into cat litter for some reason.

23 Likes

12 Likes

I don’t actually know where you live… But I’d give you a hand ripping that up and replacing with some laminate.

9 Likes

Btw, did I mention I travel with power tools in the trunk of my car? If you are in CA or the PNW and need a hand, just drop me a line.

14 Likes

Since you offered, can you help me move a broken stove about 30 feet, so it doesn’t look like my hick relatives have come to live with me?

10 Likes

This weekend? Yeah sure. Message me where and when.

14 Likes

I live in the great American Midwest: AKA “Why does this house have a basement?”

So unless you’ve got an EPIC need to listen to all your podcasts in one car ride, I think I’ll gratefully decline the offer. :smile:

I’ve done a laminate job upstairs already and as much as I like it, laminate doesn’t like moisture. This basement will flood again. I’d rather put down tile. It’s not my house though, so if I do rip it up, I think all parties involved would probably rather prefer to leave the naked slab where it is for now. It’s a relatively small section of carpet and I don’t care about it. I will however, be buying sandbags and a flood alarm.

10 Likes

Okay, thanks.

Will do.

:slight_smile:

14 Likes

Have dolly, will travel.

12 Likes