Fuck Today (Part 1)

Arimidex? Tamoxifen? Exemestane?

I’m so sorry. It’s more than any one family should have to endure.

5 Likes

The second one sound familiar… she’s way up north, so I wasn’t much involved in the day to day… just what she told me.

4 Likes

Wife’s iPhone screen has a vertical line on the left side, so she can’t accept calls. Or much else.

And eldest son spent an hour and a half atop a playground slide at school.

13 Likes

Got pooped on by a bird on my way in to my office this morning. Got home this afternoon to discover that our dog had pooped rather seriously on the Persian rug. I discovered it by stepping in it barefoot.

Yes, this is the same dog that two vets told us several months ago had only a few days left to live. Today she was really pushing her luck. BTW, I think those vets are now working for the Trump campaign diagnosing Hillary Clinton.

16 Likes

Spent 3 hours on my phone with Verizon customer-service last night.
Kudos to them, the delay was not their fault - they were quite helpful.
The trouble was my wife had not backup up the gazillions of kids photos on the phone and didn’t know here AppleId passwords. Although she copied out the phone contacts by hand (!!!) and I could copy the photos to my computer, we couldn’t do a total phone reset with the d**n ID.

Eventually, we got it done… and yep! It’s a hardware defect, they will replace the phone for free.

So, that’s a success. And as my wife phrased it, it was worth $50/hour.

[eye-roll-gif]

12 Likes

Welp, my aunt died last night… Third death in the family this year.

33 Likes

So sorry to hear this. I hope the the rest of the year is kinder to you.

10 Likes

I’m so sorry, Mindy.

8 Likes

Oh, Mindy.

Ugh.

5 Likes

In minor complaints, the latest Zabar’s catalog arrived this weekend, taunting me with delicious, unaffordable foods.

1 Like

You just found out she was terminal a few days ago. That’s not enough time to prepare. I’m so sorry.

(FWIW, I asked about the drugs because they’re prescribed at different stages of treatment of the disease. Tamoxifen – especially at her age – means she was not determined to be at high risk for metastases, or was unable to take the other medications. So, it was probably a nasty shock to her and her onco as well. It means she probably wasn’t holding back relevant info from you. If that helps, at all.)

20 Likes

That’s horrible. I don’t know what to say, but I hope you have good people around you to support you. I’m so sorry to hear that.

14 Likes

I have no words. My condolences to you and your family.

11 Likes

So sorry to hear this.

9 Likes

I’m so sorry to hear about this. My condolences, Mindy.

8 Likes

My condolences. And FUCK CANCER!

9 Likes

I’m very, very sorry Mindy. Take care of yourself, please.

8 Likes

Thanks one and all… and to echo @TobinL, fuck cancer in the fucking ear.

19 Likes

Christ. Fucking cancer. Internet stranger love to you and yours.

11 Likes

Fucking door.

21 Likes