Fuck Today (Part 1)

What the actual fuck.

6 Likes

Iā€™m only surprised that a firearm wasnā€™t used.

5 Likes

Honestly, the knife is worse somehow; it soā€¦intimate. Stabbing an infantā€¦? How does anyone get there?

8 Likes

Only in that the perp had to get ā€˜up close and personalā€™ to inflict deadly harm; with a firearm, she could have done much worse damage in much less time.

That said; I canā€™t begin to fathom how anyone gets to that point.

SMFH

6 Likes

And they survived, another big differenceā€¦ if this had been a gun, theyā€™d be dead.

8 Likes

Truth.

5 Likes

While thinning out bamboo (P. Vivax) in our front garden, I encountered a very large wasp nest. They saw me first, and I sustained at least five stings to the face, head and neck, and a couple on my arm. My head is now all lumpy, but the wasps have been dealt with. Along with another nest I probably would have stumbled into tomorrow.

8 Likes

Ouch!
I found this great picture for the ā€œput some mud on it!ā€ catechism and your situation but then realized thatā€™s for bees, not wasps. So youā€™re welcome to try anyway but I donā€™t know if it will helpā€¦

3 Likes

At least I am not allergic. I have a tendency to get attacked by all manner of animals, insects, reptiles, and fish. I am lucky to live in a household with several medical professionals, so adverse reactions or horrifying wounds can be treated on site.
Had the mud been available while I was being swarmed, I would have tried it. Thanks for the suggestion.

3 Likes

What do you do to have that kind of tendency?

2 Likes

Excellent question. I do not have an answer, but my wife finds it hilarious, especially when the critter in question is normally considered harmless.
I once had a bone broken by a pufferfish.

5 Likes

Last year, out on a bike ride, one of those goddamn yellow jackets flew into my face and popped me in the mustache. Much to my surprise, the irritation went away in less than 24 hours (probably because I took a Benadryl as soon as I got home).

Iā€™ve had those fuckers bounce off my glasses on occasion as well - one more reason why I wonā€™t wear contact lenses.

4 Likes

That seems like a feat in and of itself. Your insurance must love you.

1 Like

The usual methods are:

i) kill a unicorn;
ii) consort with evil spirits, Old Ones, take up necromancy, etc.;
iii) become an evil spirit yourself (Ringwraiths, vampires, werewolves Iā€™m looking at you);
iv) do all of the above.

Any of those ring a bell? :slight_smile:

7 Likes

We lost a lovely Lhasa of 13 this morning and it feels pretty fucking abysmal.

13 Likes

I am spiralling.
Fuck.

12 Likes

Will a Terry Pratchett picture cheer you up?

15 Likes

Thank you.
Iā€™m better ATM. This adulting is so exhausting, sometimes it gets to me badly.
It will again, and Iā€™ll be back here at FT to whimper, I think.

12 Likes

Just so you know, adulting can be hard for all of us, so thatā€™s part of the reason we set up this thread, for some no judgement support when things get tough. We feel ya!

10 Likes

I know.

You guys are the reason I keep coming back. (And that includes, of course, the mods.)

9 Likes