Fuck Today (Part 1)

Bushwick Bill is a member of the Geto Boys - they had some success in the 1990s with their song “Mind Playing Tricks on Me”. The Geto Boys are considered one of the pioneers in Southern rap that put the Houston scene on the map.

That said, fuck pancreatic cancer indeed. I lost a favorite aunt to it and the one thing I remember is when it takes you, it takes you quick. It’s particularly insidious because it’s difficult to detect early so all too often by the time it’s discovered, you’re already screwed.

1 Like

I’m 11 days away from starting a medical research study that pays enough to cover food & rent for 6 months.

I haven’t eaten since Tuesday morning. My cats, Thursday night.

I can’t even find a buyer for my artwork on Craigslist, etc. to even scare up $100.

Fuck today.

8 Likes

The votes are being counted in Australia and it’s pretty clear at this point the conservative Liberal/National coalition are going to be returned.

Fuck.

7 Likes

I hope things turn around soon. That sucks.

7 Likes

Yay, got an interested party this morning. The deposit triggered an automatic bill-pay, but I’m still left with enough for food, cat food, and rent. By the skin of my teeth, I’ll make it through to the first day of the study.

ETA: Bonus…it’s going to be one of the beachscapes I have planned, so I’ll be doing something entirely of my own creation.

15 Likes

Lost the long fight finally with my landlord, and I’m being evicted on Thursday. I have nowhere to go, and next to no money.

I’ve got a friend who has a scheme to flat-share with him, but that depends on him getting a sharable flat, which he won’t be able to manage for a month or two.

Another friend got in touch via Facebook on Friday to suggest she might be able to put me up, but today said that no, she wouldn’t be able to. The housing services in the town council don’t have anything for me, since under their definitions I’m “intentionally homeless”.

Don’t have a clue what I’m going to do on Thursday. Certainly don’t want to wait about for the bailiffs.

10 Likes

In what part of the UK are you?

I live in Tijuana, so getting here would be difficult. :pensive:

8 Likes

I’m in Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, a bit far from Tijuana. But thanks for the thought.

8 Likes

Have you contacted your local citizens advice? They can be very helpful with this kind of thing.

5 Likes

I wish I was reading about this in a novel, and not reading about you in real life :frowning:

Sending you good wishes from across the pond.

7 Likes

Visibility is all, I’m told. And as far as I can tell there’s no real quality threshold.

1 Like

A narrowly avoided fuck today that turned out delightful:

Humbabella’s youngest kid: Pale-skinned people have strong, STRONG

Humbabella’s thoughts: What the hell is this?

Humbabella’s youngest kid: sunscreen.

19 Likes

I hate phone interviews. The only way that could have gone any worse is if I had announced a plan to murder and eat my neighbors.

To be clear, I have no such plan, though the little one does look mighty tender…

14 Likes
5 Likes

This ain’t a fuck today, but a general fuck the system.

I went to get treatment for some joint pain, got a first diagnosis of epicondylitis, had a heck of more problems and got a second diagnosis of acute borreliosis. That’s how I got an at least not completely implausible explanation for a shitload of symptoms, up to a lack in mental capacity I noticed and which made me worried. Even if unrelated, I am definitely affected by neurological symptoms. Meh.

And now I learned that once upon a time, there was a fuckin’ vaccine which was taken off the market due to fuckin’ profitability reasons?

Fuck me.

Also, I don’t know how I got it. And when. And where.
I got bitten by ticks on three different continents, in the past. But recently? No. I am paranoid for the fuckers. I hate them from the bottom of my rotten soul, and fear them. I am confident I didn’t catch this recently. And learned this could date back up to ten years.

Fuck me crosswise.

Also, the antibiotics don’t make me feel any better…
I can type, but it ain’t fun.
So, fuck me even thrice.

11 Likes

So I left my laptop powered down for more than overnight this weekend.
It now will not power back on. Not even a POST screen.

Stuck on my phone or tablet for a few days while waiting to find out if it is fixable.

8 Likes

CMOS battery?

1 Like

I have had it long enough but that should not stop it from doing a POST.

2 Likes

Have you checked against the charger?

My charger for my tablet fried a bit internally last week, and I thought I had a blackout problem when it really just wasn’t charging. Working with a weaker one now, but at least it curbs internet addiction. :shrug:

1 Like

Charger? It’s a laptop so it will (well should) work with the battery removed and just power brick connected.

1 Like