Fuck Today (Part 1)

Horrible.

6 Likes

Yet another reminder that you can’t ignore fascists until they go away.

22 Likes

sigh sorry orangutans. it was nice to share a planet with you for a while.

Don’t worry, if global heating continues we’ll have a new habitat ready for them in Newfoundland in no time… :roll_eyes:

There has been a bit of backlash here in :canada: … “buttergate” is attracting political attention.

For all our faults, we don’t always legislate the hell out of everything here, I really do expect that a hard stare from politicians will largely solve this. Dairy farmers enjoy generous protections for their businesses here, a system with broad public support. At worst, they won’t risk losing that support. The alternative is the :us: system of hormone-infused, low profit margin dairy farming with a high bankruptcy rate which is… an uninspiring option.

8 Likes

No. That’s awful.

6 Likes

thanks for sharing that around.
that’s very sad news.

6 Likes

I hate to ask but what happened to the dedicated thread about this?

1 Like

Yeah, @ficuswhisperer made a dedicated thread about it because i remember leaving my own comment so maybe they deleted it themselves? I am reluctant bringing this up in case it was deleted for good reason.

2 Likes

The family asked that this not be made too public. There is a very large readership here, not all of whom are here in good faith.

13 Likes

Sorry, I didn’t know. Deleting…

4 Likes

Well that’s fair enough.

2 Likes

Prime Minister Sanna Marin (SDP) commented on the results of the study on Twitter.
“Incompetent, inexperienced, Sokos cashier, girl, girl government, lipstick government, pantyhose government, intimidation, hate speech, online shaming. Yes, women lead the government. Get over it.”

8 Likes

alison brie omg GIF

8 Likes

Both sides are equally bad.

[ETA] In other shitty news…

11 Likes

Follow up on the Frogman’s puppers, Otis… he sadly passed away earlier today.

7 Likes

Currently sitting at a doctor, waiting for an appointment, because I can’t take it any more. Job and pandemic-related stress are overwhelming. Still have the feeling of running away when calling in sick, and leaving my projects in limbo. I’m responsible for multiple projects spanning until and beyond 2025, and i am the only one who actually knows what is going on, but I also already lost control. I am the single point of failure. I flagged all of this to late. Now, when my superiors start actual controlling/coordination, I am in no state to deal with the pressure. So I am at a doctor, asking for their opinion to get sick leave.

Don’t be like me. If you feel overwhelmed, search help early.

ETA: venting my stress online didn’t help, but turned into an additional procrastination. Even getting emotional support from strangers, like on the BBS, now feels like an excuse not to act on the problem. Which might be ADS, or something else.

32 Likes

This thread is for no judgement venting, so you’re completely on topic! :grinning:

I hope you feel better soon.

23 Likes

Thank you. The actual ICD-10 I got is an insult, and the doc was as empathetic as a fence post, but the result is that I have some breathing room. That counts.

Going to see the real practitioner next week.

19 Likes

What’s that thing the cool kids say? “I feel seen.”

My 2020 started in early 2019, and I am still rebuilding myself.

Seeking help from others? Thanks for the info, I should look into this new idea.

6 Likes

Good deal. Glad to hear it. Feel free to post here if you need to vent again before that.

11 Likes

Sorry to hear, and can relate.

14.10.2019, in my case. Early new year, and not a happy one.

Hope you’ll cope. At least, you are still pushing that rock uphill, I assume.

10 Likes