Fucking NY Times

:rofl::crazy_face::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

7 Likes

Hang on, let me get my reading glasses so I can see what that tiny non-story is in the cornerā€¦

10 Likes

6 Likes

This is democracy.

And to all the people saying if we indict Trump weā€™ll have to indict every ex president, youā€™re not making the point you think youā€™re making.

12 Likes

This Up Here GIF by Chord Overstreet

If theyā€™ve crimed, INDICT THEM.

10 Likes

They do know that heā€™s a Former President; right?

8 Likes

They also know that heā€™s dead to rights regardless, right?

4 Likes

Most were shielded from indictment because they didnā€™t do crime!

The notorious exception was pardoned in a deal to avoid the ā€œhassleā€ of a impeachment and trial.

6 Likes

A lot of them are war criminals.

5 Likes

I meanā€¦Bush for instance not only did crime, but the sort that they try at the Hague. But itā€™s not caring that has democracy on the ropes right now.

4 Likes

I agree - and from that perspective, itā€™s most of them since WWII. But in terms of indictment for breaking internal US laws, which is the topic at hand, only Nixon comes to mind.

9 Likes
4 Likes

And not doing it really bit the US in the arse. That and the shitstains he rode around with who stuck around and gained power.

ETA

I agree with you about indictments for domestic crimes. Foreign policy is often criminal, in so many countries, and so rarely is criminal law a useful lens to consider it under.

EETA

Sorry for the autofuckup that I didnā€™t see. Made it barely comprehensible.

4 Likes

8 Likes
3 Likes

So glad that the state told Kristof to F-of when he tried to run for governor.

5 Likes

And ā€¦.itā€™s hubris for the win!

4 Likes

It may seem harmless, but ā€œjust asking questionsā€ is a bad-faith, politically motivated media tactic that manipulates readers into buying a skewed worldview.

10 Likes

For over two centuries, presidents and even ex-presidents used one weird trick: Donā€™t commit indictable crimes.

7 Likes

ā€¦ how could he lose though?

Heā€™s an expert on everything

Itā€™s difficult at this stage for me to assess the strength of the Manhattan district attorneyā€™s indictment against Trump

4 Likes