Fucking NY Times

she also managed to work in the “this is old news anyway” trope. deftly done

6 Likes

3 Likes

WTAF!?!

I mean, there’s so much fundamentally wrong with that, how does one even start?

7 Likes

wow. it’s hard to believe they published that, let alone that someone actually thinks that way. i can’t even imagine how horrible their marriage must be. i hope they get some help :confused: ( and that they stop pushing the worst kind of world view on the rest of us )

4 Likes

@gatto @DukeTrout ia that not a quote from Virginia Despentes rather than the NYT?

Virginie autocorrect. When do I write Virginia? Really?

7 Likes

ah. thank you. oops :grimacing:

i apparently need more coffee this morning.

6 Likes

Pie Face GIF by Beastie Boys

3 Likes

let’s… ummm… blame the heat. i think everyone who lives in the pacific northwest has had their brain melted. worker productivity down, a sudden uptick in misread bbs comments, and widespread general malaise. conditions expected to improve somewhat after the year 2125

5 Likes

I can feel my English professor in college travelling through time to retroactively lower my grade in Satire by a full letter grade. :rofl:

4 Likes

OMG! You are an actual living, breathing, qualified satirist! I am so jealous of you!

4 Likes

Evidence to the contrary above for the “qualified” part!

2 Likes

“Peter Baker is bored. The chief White House correspondent for the most influential news organization in the world is wearily unimpressed with all these charges against the president.”

5 Likes

5 Likes

5 Likes

I think they are confusing the right to call out people for stupid speech as shaming. If people want freedom to say stupid shit, other people have the same freedom to tell them that they’re a putz.

NY Times is a putz.

7 Likes

Ironically, their point is valid but in the opposite direction.

I self-censor all the time because the people who disagree with my political views have guns and poor impulse control.

In modern America, the 2nd Amendment has murdered the First.

6 Likes

Yep. We all censor.

One neighbor is a teacher and a union rep but thinks AP Black History shouldn’t be taught. She had no problem telling me this, so I had no problem with cutting her out of my neighborhood interactions. (She earlier said something mildly offensive about my husband, but covered it with a “just joking.” The AP Black History was the last straw.)

Consequently, I feel perfectly fine telling other neighbors why I won’t go to any gatherings when she’s included.

6 Likes
2 Likes

Ann Coulter is writing for the New York Times

3 Likes

This despite repeated racism and, among other things, wishing for a terrorist to blow up the New York Times building (also heavily implying the actual violent act by the terrorist - McVeigh - was just fine as well).

Over twenty years of this shit and too many people keep being surprised by it.

5 Likes