Fucking NY Times

3 Likes

just as you shouldn’t judge aa book by its cover, you shouldn’t judge an article by its screenshot.

Both lead sentences are false.

That’s some fine bothsiderism, Lou.

2 Likes

If the muskrat is being touted as an exemplar of thought, the article is lacking.

It’s a review of several books from the past decade.
On Disinformation: How to Fight for Truth and Protect Democracy,
Active Measures: The Secret History of Disinformation and Political Warfare
Liar in a Crowded Theater: Freedom of Speech in a World of Misinformation
Twilight of the Elites: America After Meritocracy
Wrong: How Media, Politics and Identity Drive Our Appetite for Misinformation
that talks about how the authors might think about Muslk.

Book Reviews have been doiing this forever, rounding up several serious books and applyiing it to a pop phenomenon. Or they take popular books, and try to analyse them through serious phiiolosophy.

Yes, I am aware that the a recent editor of the New York Times Book Review graduated into pure trollery.

Not going to Google to confirm, but yes, shit like that is the very reason I don’t go to Google in the first place.

3 Likes
1 Like

“ It is highly unusual for a reputable news organization like The Times”

IMG_1696

3 Likes

1 Like

shocked philip j fry GIF

7 Likes

Reaction GIF

4 Likes

Oh, hey, the idiot who’s consistently wrong about everything found something new to be wrong about. Subscribers should love that.

7 Likes

Friends Lol GIF by Max

3 Likes

Given just the headline, I would’ve said 80% chance Douthat, 20% chance Stephens

1 Like

I hate that I know any of their names. I don’t want to, I just picked them up as a warning label to keep safe from takes so offensively misconsidered that the sophists themselves would weep. If you ever get told that our society has even a shred of meritocracy in it, just point out that Douthat has a job, at a newspaper no less and that should be enough to prove otherwise.

I’m so sick of this conservative inclusion initiative where there are certain people who we are somehow expected to listen to forever, no matter how many times they prove unqualified to figure out which part of a giraffe is the neck. Get literally anyone else.

4 Likes

It’s the “brilliant asshole” myth writ large. The truth is there are a dozen more talented people waiting in the wings to take over for the asshole and do a much better job.

1 Like
2 Likes