Fucking NY Times

You can strike “of his political career” and it’s no less accurate. I’m going to guess the author wasn’t from New York.

3 Likes

NYT publishes this dreck from foreign affairs policy champion Shitheel, JD Vance. :face_vomiting:

6 Likes

Someone posted an article about him not too long ago, and it’s clear he’s trying to position himself as being a presidential candidate after supporting Trump. But, jokes on him, because if Trump gets his way, there will not be another president after him, until he dies, and then he hopes it’ll go on to his family, not via election. He’s fucking over himself and his own ambitions by supporting an authoritarian.

5 Likes

the times buys the cockamamie idea that daylight ever existed between trump and the insurrectionists

6 Likes

This is utter fiction

11 Likes
8 Likes

slightly off topic. npr apparently has become too progressive for its own editors :roll_eyes:

he argued that NPR’s coverage has increasingly reflected a rigid progressive ideology. And he argued that the network’s quest for greater diversity in its workforce has not been accompanied by a diversity of viewpoints(*) presented in NPR shows, podcasts or online coverage.

(*) ie conservative viewpoints

after Trump’s 2016 win, he wrote: “Primarily for the sake of our journalism, we can’t align ourselves with a tribe. So we don’t exist in a cocoon that blinds us to the views and experience of tens of millions of our fellow citizens.”

it’s too bad reality has a well known liberal bias.

6 Likes

ETA:

12 Likes

9 Likes

ad6c61ba3ac33317

12 Likes

https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2024/04/25/new-york-times-biden-white-house-00154219

The Petty Feud Between the NYT and the White House

Biden’s people think they’re “entitled.” The Times says “they’re not being realistic.”

8 Likes

“ In Sulzberger’s view, according to two people familiar with his private comments on the subject, only an interview with a paper like the Times can verify that the 81-year-old Biden is still fit to hold the presidency.”

:roll_eyes:

Biden should do a sit down with the Philadelphia Inquirer just to piss Sulzie off.

12 Likes

During last year’s White House Correspondents Dinner, Biden joked about confusing the Times’ coverage of his age with Pitchbot’s tweets. “I love that guy,” Biden said of Pitchbot, before a subtle parting shot at the Times on a frequency only Times staffers might hear. “I should do an interview with him.”

:rofl: Dry and subtle.

14 Likes

That’s a sign he’s sharper than all the NYT editors put together!

7 Likes

I assume that he had writers involved, but he still had to deliver it, which is no small feat.

The actual remarks are worth reading. (Link in previous post.)

Tam, thank you for hosting us. I love NPR — (applause) —

(leans into the microphone) — because they whisper into the mic like I do. (Laughter.)

But not everybody loves NPR. Elon Musk tweeted that it should be defunded.

Well, the best way to make NPR go away is for Elon Musk to buy it. (Laughter and applause.) And that’s more true than you think. (Laughter.) Anyway.

5 Likes

Huh.
Go figure.

I think I have a few minutes for some feedback though, before I get back to work:

https://help.npr.org/contact/s/contact?request=Ask-the-Public-Editor-about-ethics

3 Likes

barney stinson burn GIF

6 Likes

:sob:

In response, the White House removed all Times reporters from its “tier one” email list for background information about various briefings and other materials, a situation that wasn’t resolved for 11 months.

6 Likes

their quiz show this weekend had this amazing moment:

SAGAL: So this week was all jury selection, which was difficult because they needed to find 12 people who can be neutral about Donald Trump.

Eventually, they got six people who just woke up from comas… Five bootleg Elmos they grabbed from Times Square…And this one guy who just quit NPR and says he’s the only person who he knows who isn’t biased.

SALIE: Yeah. Good that we could put him right to work.

SAGAL: I’m glad he’s got - well, he has free time now, so…

:rofl:

9 Likes

Why? It’s consistent in content and tone to interviews he’s given that clearly weren’t scripted. Are we just all so programmed to accept T****’s inability to string together a coherent sentence that it’s i conceivable that Biden can speak eloquently?

4 Likes