Fucking NY Times

i hereby propose all straight, white, conservative, cis men not bother to vote. surely they realize its too much of a hassle, so they should all stay home

( and i know, this is actually an effort to suppress everyone else’s vote :confused: but still… )

also let’s apply this to all of my birthday parties too…

but ponies. please bring ponies

10 Likes
9 Likes

You’re not gonna be the king, dudes. Serfs all.

9 Likes

11 Likes
11 Likes
11 Likes
5 Likes
5 Likes
8 Likes

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/07/06/us/trump-felon-definition.html

12 Likes

Holy fucksocks.

Episode 1 Contortionist GIF by America's Got Talent

8 Likes

bonus points. the only not biden story there is: “a principled supreme court, unnerved by ■■■■■” :exploding_head:

6 Likes

God Damn It Kevin Hart GIF by BuzzFeed

10 Likes
14 Likes

crosspost from:

8 Likes

So, along with Republicans, the NYT has zero shame…

6 Likes

This subject is very adjacent to this thread and what a pain in the–

Is it just me, or does The Guardian—nominally a centre-left newspaper—seem to be promoting doomsday narratives predicting fascist triumphs in the face of weak/incompetent centre-left leadership? Like, everywhere? They tried to do it in the UK wrt. Reform, they did it in France, they’re talking down Biden and talking up Republican-backed calls for him to step down in favour of any other presidential candidate at short notice (who?).

Has The Guardian finally flipped and turned quietly pro-fash?

[I realize there are people on this bbs who have correctly spotted The Guadian siding with TERFs and worse. I am under no illusions of that newspaper’s perfection. Does it suck as bad at The New York Times does? or does it now suck as bad? is it useful to even compare one to the other?]

I mean, The Guardian might be optimizing their headlines to promote rage/despair clickthroughs to sell advertising, but this sort of toxic propaganda spewage seems designed to become a self-fulfilling prophecy (like the New York Times’ reliably getting the knives out for the Democrat candidate—they back-stabbed Hilary Rodham, now they’re going after Joe Biden—so they can promote a both-sides narrative).

[and the receipts:]

I don’t know if it’s Guardian specifically, but there are a weirdly large number of outlets (including the Guardian) claiming that the far right have taken over the european parliament.

The actual results show the number of far right MEPs has barely changed, but no one is reporting this for some reason.

EDIT: Yes the far right did gain seats in some countries, but they lost seats in others. For whatever reason, the countries where the far right vote collapsed aren’t being reported as much as the ones where they gained.

(SOURCE: European Union election results page at 2024 Election results | 2024 European election results | European Parliament)

ETA:

> @AndHuman @cstross

I’ve edited to add in the source, it’s the EU’s own official results page:

2024 Election results | 2024 European election results | European Parliament

2024 Election results | 2024 European election results | European Parliament
Official results of the 2024 European elections.
2024 European election results

Billie Eilish Wtf GIF by Global Citizen

10 Likes

Angry Office GIF

6 Likes

The drop Biden now narrative does seem oddly prominent and its rise rather rapid. And the way the leftists of my acquaintance are embracing it is worrying-just the kind of justification for not voting too many of them might embrace.

2 Likes
7 Likes