Fucking NY Times

11 Likes

Don’t worry, Tommy. Weird is just the appetizer. Next course is creepy. Because they are.

They are way too concerned with women’s bodies; way too involved in LGBTQ people’s sex lives; way too preachy about everyone’s private lives and private parts; and obsessed with “groomers” when most of those clearly come from their own ranks.

Everybody knows this, especially people in rural communities and small towns, where the loudest MAGA heads are only outside of a prison for rape or child abuse or spousal abuse or pedophelia because they know somebody or are somebody in power.

This goes all the way from the preacher who gets too handsy to T****, who was notorious for peeping in dressing rooms of underage pageant contestants. Pick a random Republican and odds are they are creepy AF. Cruz has a gun fetish, Noem likes to kill dogs, Vance has major incel vibes, MTG cheated on her husband, Gaetz trafficked teenagers… It just goes on and on.

15 Likes

I went and read the whole thing. Basically, his point is that he thinks Harris et al are calling Trump’s supporters weird, and that Harris needs to swing some of those voters over to her side to win, and calling those people weird isn’t going to help that happen.

So, Mr. Friedman, two points. One, she’s not calling Trump supporters weird (even though many are). She’s calling Trump, and Vance, and other Republicans politicians weird. Because they are. Two, those hardcore Trump supporters he mentions, they aren’t voting for Harris no matter what. Harris isn’t going to win by changing those people’s minds because those people aren’t changing their minds. She’s going to win by driving up excitement and engagement in Democratic voters and getting more people to the polls. And calling Trump, Vance, and the rest of the weirdos weirdos will help accomplish that.

18 Likes

Ok, but has any Democratic candidate ever tried telling the far right that they’re all good and smart and you know what, maybe they should go ahead and vote for the Republicans, they would know best? Then at least we’d know they tried everything they could to win votes. :unamused:

8 Likes

I don’t know what is sufficient for Harris to win, but I sure know what is necessary: a message that is dignity-affirming for working-class Americans, not dignity-destroying. If this campaign is descending into name-calling, no one beats Trump in that arena.

didn’t know that Project 2025 was a “working class” manifesto

5 Likes

Friedman is sufficiently out-of-touch to think of T**** Jan6th followers - real estate agents, wealthy contractors, alt-right influencers; the kind of people who can walk away from their professional lives without getting fired, fly first class to DC, etc - as the “working class.”

11 Likes

12 Likes

67f9a566-f962-4e3e-b7c3-7505afaace31_text

3 Likes

I guess anyone who doesn’t actually own the private jet he gets flown to Davos in is working class to Tommie. I mean, concierge class who only get flown by a patron is working class right? He has to deliver the goods: articles like this.

5 Likes

Bootlickers are never out of a job.

5 Likes

(not in the paper. but from a subscriber newsletter)

He goes on like this for some length.

9 Likes

They’re talking about white women again.

Also - why wouldn’t people try to avoid pregnancy during the worst pandemic in a century?

Do they not remember German measles? Or Zika?

10 Likes

There is a saying that everything before the word but can be ignored. The same is true for everything after the words By Ross Douthat, who showed himself to be another weird creep a long time ago.

10 Likes

Right, cause again, there are 8 billion of us on this rock.

5 Likes

Please forgive this as it’s not the NY times but it is an example of how you should behave.

It is indeed a peach of a headline.

Source:

Take heed NY Times. Treat your own racist scum with the appropriate respect.

12 Likes
7 Likes

Looking at that footage you can tell that these arseholes don’t care one bit about the children whose deaths they pretend to mourn. They just want violence.

5 Likes

Yeah, turning up at a traumatised community and rioting is totally for the kids /s.

5 Likes

This one realy needs to be CCed over here.

To be clear, neither Harris nor Fox News has agreed to this purported debate. This is the NY Times complicitly framing a disjointed Trump social media rant as an in-process media event that Harris is already on board with.

9 Likes

I don’t have any evidence on the specifics here. But I do know that GLAAD has strongly criticized that fucking newspaper on their transphobic coverage.

3 Likes