Fucking NY Times

clock

8 Likes

“Walz is obviously unsuitable because objective reasons. Which I’ve just made up.”

5 Likes

17 Likes

Predict Schitts Creek GIF by CBC

6 Likes

I hope it’s not a goal. Why should it be a goal?

7 Likes

Do not all politicians seek to appease the New York Times above all!?!

Bill Murray Fainting GIF by filmeditor

7 Likes
5 Likes

Hey, at least ChatGPT has a lower chance of being as consistently wrong as some of the existing NYT opinion writers?

9 Likes
3 Likes

depends on what it’s trained on. they’ll probably use the pitchbot as source material

5 Likes

Remarkable that “out-of-touch liberalism” and “sub-millionaire-class-championing progressivism” seem to be synonyms in the average industry tycoon’s vanity media outlet and antonyms everywhere else in the US.

9 Likes

that’s just par for the course. they wouldn’t want to engage with what progressive policies actually stand for, people might like what they hear. better (for them) to paint anything leftish with the brush of failed liberalism.

( and, if there is something that both the left and the right agree on: it’s that american style liberalism doesn’t work very well. although of course, the left and the right disagree about why … but, again, it wouldn’t serve corporate media interests to engage with that either. )

3 Likes

In no small part because the right has been dumping toxic sludge into it to confuse and redefine what liberalism means.

7 Likes
6 Likes

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/08/11/us/kid-rock-trump-maga.html?unlocked_article_code=1.CE4.CHgb.4M5QM2laC31E&smid=url-share

6 Likes

4 Likes

14 Likes

season 9 wow GIF by Shameless

5 Likes
15 Likes

Yeah, I read that this morning, such a load of deflecting, unsubstantiated, gossiping shite. Dowd’s “clever” shtick hasn’t aged well either. It’s worth a look, if just for the rueful laughs.

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/08/17/opinion/election-dnc-convention.html

Nary a mention, of course, of what’s likely the main part played by the corporate press, including the 200+ pieces run by The Times about how “Sleepy Joe has got go.” :angry:

6 Likes