5 Likes

RIP

First unexpected celebrity death of 22. It’s a sign of something

11 Likes
5 Likes

Dang…

73e662c9b3edb0d0ec86d4226d5aa32b

17 Likes

Sad to go so young. I remember seeing him do stand-up in L.A. once circa 1999 or so, he seemed to be trying to push back against his Full House image by laying on the filthiest humor possible. I wonder how much of Bojack Horseman was inspired by his career ups and downs.

15 Likes

I thought he was supposedly pretty filthy before Full House? (At least live.)

22 Likes

Our daughter was born in '85, she loved Full House but in addition to being the corny dad and Funniest Home Video host he was also a great but filthy stand up. Crazy how he did both.

7 Likes

Probably so, it just wasn’t the image the uninitiated members of the audience expected I guess.

Also I think one heckler yelled something about him being a washout from Family Ties or some other sitcom and he corrected them by yelling something like “no, I was in the show about the gay dads raising a family in San Francisco!”

I guess that was an example of on of his jokes that probably wouldn’t fly as well today.

9 Likes

IIRC, he really laid that on thick in that Aristocrats doc.

21 Likes

Nooooooooooo! God dammit.

3 Likes

Yeah he was dirty and funny. I think this is from 1986. The Ninth Annual Young Comedians Special was the first time I saw him and many other big names doing standup.

12 Likes

I’ve heard other comedians say that his version of that joke was legendary for being so disgusting.

9 Likes

Sad Arrested Development GIF

9 Likes

You’re using the wrong curse words in your moment of grief. Allow me to educate:

3 Likes

2022 will be one big gross telling of The Aristocrats, it seems. RIP and keep playing blue, Bob.

6 Likes

saget’s version of the joke in the film the aristocrats was possibly the “dirtiest” and the most disturbing.

6 Likes

Overshadowed by Mr. Saget’s death is the death of Dwayne Hickman (star of The Many Loves of Dobie Gillis) a funnier and better written sitcom IMHO.

5 Likes

I was just thinking yesterday how contemporary society has become one giant tragic episode of America’s Funniest Home Videos.

Here’s to you, Bob!

6 Likes

yes, blue, Aristocrats, Fam ties, funny vids,…

the point of amazement for me? He was able to quickly pivot between the comedy. Family/Blue

Do you know how difficult that is? Heck, I’ve been working daily to not say fuck shit piss, etc, at work, for about 15 years. If one excapes, a flood follows.

He was able to jump between swearing/not swearing-- he was funny, and kind - the work he did for scleroderma? substantial.

rip. will be missed.

7 Likes

The first time I saw Redd Foxx do stand up I couldn’t believe he was the same guy on TV. Buddy Hackett is another one. But Redd Foxx takes the cake.

7 Likes