Full Text: GOP Nunes memo released over FBI and Justice objections

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/02/02/nunesmemo.html

4 Likes

So that means the Dems will finally get to release that other House Intelligence memo that provides actual context along with damning evidence against the Trump team, right? Because transparency?

24 Likes

This is taking a very long time to download. I wonder why…?

1 Like

It reads better in the original Russian.

38 Likes

I read it. It hasn’t changed my mind about anything. dRumph and his cronies are still assholes.

8 Likes

Reminder: Comey, Mueller, Wray, Sessions and Rosenstein are all lifelong Republicans. Several were appointed to their current positions by Trump himself.

Yet the Trump administration is claiming that the FBI and Department of Justice are conspiring in a massive smear campaign led by the Democratic party.

48 Likes

Especially for a file with so little data.

8 Likes

makes total sense

2 Likes

Looking for a TLDR…

4 Likes

Okay, I just finished reading it.

Someone needs to tell Nunes about conclusion statements.

Of course I think Nunes knows full well about the idea of stating a conclusion at the end of something and intentionally chose not to do so in this memo because they entire point is for it to just hang out there. If you actually tried to state any conclusion then you’d look foolish because there are no conclusions to draw.

TLDR: Nunes is an idiot trying to dump fuel on conspiracy theorist fires.

Basically it just says that the FBI didn’t properly alert the FISA courts that the Steele Dossier was questionable and possibly politically motivated. It never says, “The case for a FISA warrant against Carter Page hinged on the Steele dossier,” so it basically says nothing.

32 Likes

My favorite part is when he cites a Mother Jones article. Man, that had to hurt.

15 Likes

You’ll notice that the White House’s preface to the memo says in so many words that they will not allow the Dems’ memo to be released.

4 Likes

What better way to prove this memo is apolitical than to release it to Fox and the Washington Examiner first?

11 Likes

@xeni, did you uploaded it as “fiction” or as “nonfiction” to Scribd? Because I think that the “fiction” tag would be totally appropriate.

8 Likes

Sadly, this story is happening in real life.

1 Like

I love how UNCLASSIFIED seems to be from an actual rubber stamp. It seems strange to think of somebody looking at a document and deciding that it’s actually not top secret because it’s been clearly stamped as being unclassified! There must be more to the system than a carefully guarded stamp, right?

2 Likes

Somewhere in Moscow Edward Snowden is thinking “dang, why didn’t I just buy one of those stamps first?”

21 Likes

Sen. John McCain: “The latest attacks on the FBI and Department of Justice serve no American interests — no party’s, no president’s, only Putin’s…If we continue to undermine our own rule of law, we are doing Putin’s job for him.”

Step up motherfucker and introduce impeachment proceedings or just shut the fuck up.

44 Likes

They also cross out “CLASSIFIED” at the top and bottom of each page. It’s a complicated system.

27 Likes

If Trump thinks this vindicates his claim that Obama tapped Trump Tower, he obviously couldn’t be bothered to read the whole thing.

7 Likes