Fully intact fly found in Missouri man's colon: "Just unheard of"

Originally published at: Fully intact fly found in colon

I wish I could ‘unhear’ this but no, no, too late.

8 Likes

Who knows what else is in there.

16 Likes

you know its the only possibility left :woozy_face:

6 Likes

What’s remarkable, Bechtold said, is that the fly wasn’t digested and that it didn’t get flushed out during bowel prep for the colonoscopy, which involves consuming only clear liquids and taking laxatives a day before the procedure.

It’s starting to sound like it somehow hitched a ride in on the colonoscopy equipment. I’m not sure how that’s possible, but it seems more likely at this point than all the assumptions that it was inside the body all along.

9 Likes

I would think the most logical way it got there was via the scope itself.

5 Likes

maybe it was a very adventurous fly…

I guess so. sounds like somebody then clearly fucked up. yikes!

e/ and its still the only possible (argh!) entry, regardless if via scope or just…well.

1 Like

My best guess: (and this is maybe a bit unsettling so I’ll blur) a maggot crawled into his asshole because it smelled like, well. . . you know. . . then had a good ole’ time eating his/her way north, eventually pupating and hatching as a fully grown adult, only to die before finding its way “back to the light.”

1 Like

You’ll never guess which obviously logical one the hospital is not going to admit to.

4 Likes

“If from the bottom, an opening must have been created long enough for the fly to fly undetected into the colon and somehow make its way to the middle part of the colon with no light in a very curvy, large intestine,” Dr. Bechtold said.

Was the 63-year-old man from Missouri, Goastie?

3 Likes

Unheard of? So it wasn’t saying anything like “Help me!“?

6 Likes

Only one of the best movie theme songs:

1 Like

The fly was not moving, even when prodded by the doctor performing the colonoscopy.

Really doc? Really?

3 Likes

goddamnit! there is my kindheitstrauma again; thanks!

thefly-1958

2 Likes

It didn’t have to fly in! Flies can walk.

1 Like

Did he mumble “Beetlejuice” three times in his sleep?

OR

“Buzz buzz, in the butt.”

1 Like

Maybe this person left the “back door” open…

1 Like

Fly curious?

I’ll save everyone the click:

Election 2020 Fly GIF by CBS News

There you go, an asshole with a fly on it.

1 Like

misadventure?

Any rectal maggot hypothesis (worst band name) seems highly unlikely. My guess is that it was ingested the day of the colonoscopy and was passed quickly through the empty digestive track. Improbable, but still the most likely path

Original figure image. It is surprisingly intact:

4 Likes