Fun and Glamorous "Abortion Travel"

Originally published at: Fun and Glamorous "Abortion Travel" | Boing Boing

12 Likes

It is difficult to laugh at something so cruel and sad; not the comic, the situation.

38 Likes

Twenty first century is the new dark ages, especially for Women, poor, Bipoc, LGBTQIA.

18 Likes

Sad Kristen Bell GIF

22 Likes

AFAIK, Canada stands as the best place to go if you’re in need of an abortion, with no time restrictions.

It is legal in Mexico as of this year, but your safety depends upon where you get your follow-up care.

16 Likes

Considering that Idaho’s ban on providing necessary medical services for transgender youth included making out-of-state travel a felony it seems likely states that ban abortions are going to start adding similar provisions, if they haven’t already.

And it’s unnecessary to remind everyone but I will anyway that Missouri just tried to ban treating women with ectopic pregnancies and the main legislator behind that only tried to claim, falsely, that it was “misrepresented”, when there was a national outcry.

22 Likes

When will US airlines start to require negative pregnancy tests in order to book a ticket?

27 Likes

Of course, abortion travel has always been a choice for the wives, daughters, and mistresses of the wealthy and powerful, laws be damned. The way things are going, travel outside the US may become the only option.

I think this is the darkest Bolling comic I’ve ever seen.

27 Likes

“I was misrepresented. I’m not a cruel, misogynist arsehole; I’m just an arsehole with cruel and misogynist ideals.”

15 Likes

Accessibility varies from province to province. We have our share of anti-choice types too.

Incidentally, the late Dr.Henry Morgentaler was a Canadian hero in the fight for abortion rights in Canada.

20 Likes

For some reason I’m now thinking of an organization that will smuggle people in need out of states with dangerous laws to Canada or other states with less repressive laws. It would have to be secret, or ‘underground’, and some form of transportation, soooo…

17 Likes

Don’t tell Elon; he’ll want to turn it in to a hyperloop.

2 Likes

Texas…leading the charge backward almost as fast as Florida!
But with cheaper McMansions.

4 Likes

2022-03-23_161429A

8 Likes

Or a network that will source RU-486 pills and get them to women in need.

If necessary, across borders.

7 Likes

Looks like DeSatan is leading Czar Abbott in popularity, but it’s not from lack of trying on Abbott’s part to out-jackass all comers.
Texas is a strange place to live, these days… watching with a mixture of horror, sadness, & outrage.

Not for long. Not where people want to live, anyway.
Besides, it’s a moot point, since Florida will be awash sooner than later.

1 Like

Ill Do It 30 Rock GIF by PeacockTV

5 Likes

Yeah, it’s going to get complicated:
- law mandating proof of non-pregnancy (unless you can present proof of marriage), along with civil bounties for concerned citizen/fetus wranglers who can prove abortion occurred out-of-state
- law against mandating proof of vaccination (or any remedial anti-pathogen activity, eg masks, social distancing)
- law against local gun legislation

2 Likes

Look who got the travel bug!

Oh. It’s not a bug?

Pushing irony to levels previously unimagined: victims of rape seeking an abortion may now find themselves on the receiving end of a lawsuit by their rapists.

I’m pretty sure this isn’t the America I signed up for.

2 Likes