Fun-to-watch method for clearing snow off roads

Originally published at: Fun-to-watch method for clearing snow off roads - Boing Boing

2 Likes

My first guess was some carefully angled angle iron, but who knows? Reguardless, I imagine a specific consistency of snow and unusually flat road are prerequisites.

Also when I went searching on the topic, all the commercially available choices were nothing like that and at least knee-height.

4 Likes

Yeah, that really seems to be the key. It clears the slushy stuff fine, but I’d like to see it tried on either light fluffy snow or heavy piled up stuff.

1 Like

this has not got any better…

https://www.thisiswhyimbroke.com/uk/wheeled-snow-shovel/

6 Likes

That website is fantastic. I thank you but anyone monitoring my productivity does not.

2 Likes

I saw that video but on YouTube a couple of days ago. Every last comment was about why it was a terrible idea (e.g. hits a bump and flies through the air at the truck, scrapes off any salt placed on the road, leaves a perfect layer of black ice).

Literal NSFW

5 Likes

Snow Day Otter GIF by Oregon Zoo

11 Likes

It does look like it is being used on a road that has already been plowed (ploughed) and salted. Seems to be of limited use.

5 Likes

This is otterly ridiculous.

4 Likes

I have nothing to add for solutions, but it made me remember that my Dad used to drag a bare mattress spring frame down our road (behind the International Scout) to grade the surface. It worked nicely.

2 Likes

It’s two floor squeegees tethered to a fuselage type post, which gives it the weight to stay in that position.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.