Look at how this guy removes 7-feet of snow from the roof of a general store

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/01/28/look-at-how-this-guy-removes-7.html

7 Likes
3 Likes

He’s the “snow whisperer”.

12 Likes

In the extraordinarily unlikely event that I ever move back to cold climes, I will remember this when I’m swearily scraping ice off a windshield.

8 Likes

This looks like winter here in MA 2-years ago
101-inches.
We couldn’t find our cars to scrape the windshields!

4 Likes

He says, “Schuss, now.”

11 Likes

That man is really good at what he does, but I’m going to be the snow-truther here. That block looks about 2x2x7, or 28 cu. ft. I had a job once where I had to worry about snow loads, and saturated snow is around 20 lbs. per cubic foot, which would be 560 pounds here, but from the texture of the snow by the way it cuts and breaks here it’s probably around 10-12 lbs./cu. ft. Anyhow, nowhere near 700 lbs.

17 Likes

C’mon, man, the story feels a little incomplete without reporting his final score.

19 Likes

I want 7 ft of snow.

6 Likes

So, what, 280 - 332 lbs? That’s still pretty damn heavy.

4 Likes

Me too!
(But somewhere else…)

3 Likes

Oh, no doubt. And he’s moving it in a very skillful way to avoid wear, tear and damage to himself. Just thought the 700 lbs. figure was a bit exaggerated.

4 Likes

but if he’s done this before, why is he doing it in a prehistoric way AGAIN?

there seem to be at least a dozen ways that use post-snow-shovel technology to save him from having a heart attack or a back injury.

4 Likes

Good for him, very innovative; but shit like ‘7 feet of snow’ is why I moved far away from such snowy climes in the first place.

5 Likes

There’s another 1980s video game that’s even more appropriate:

2 Likes

Previously on Boing Boing:

15 Likes

I’m too tropical to deal with snow, i get grumpy with a mildly cold breeze hits me. I did live in a few places that got snow and i really don’t want to deal with that shit ever again.

5 Likes

I was thinking about this exact same thing :slight_smile:

2 Likes

5 Likes

I was making cheese at home this past weekend and I can’t help but see these gigantic columns of snow as big curds.

13 Likes