Gabbard in it to win it!

regime change wars = bad
regular wars = fine n’ dandy

Not really a message that inspires me, honestly

5 Likes

Who?

I have a cousin who dithered on facebook between Tulsi and Bernie.
I would have thought that she would be turned off by Gabbard’s anti-LGBT history.
And she shows signs of being a member of the “dirtbag” left.

1 Like

What would be some examples of these “regular wars” that you think Gabbard is implicitly supporting that you oppose? Almost every military conflict that the US has been involved in for the last 40 years has been to either weaken or overthrow a government because of “human rights”. Never mind that the suffering from the war and chaos usually dwarfs the suffering of the human rights abuses, as horrible as they sometimes are. Destabilizing those governments also causes them to clamp down even harder on the people. Even the notorious government of the Soviet Union eventually reformed itself with regard to human rights under Glastnost to a level that was probably better than under Putin and Russian organized crime (and oligarchs) today.

1 Like

I guess I just don’t see why it needs to be qualified. It pretty much gives anyone an out to say this is a valid war and this one isn’t. Wishy-washy weaksauce.

3 Likes

6 Likes

It strikes me as a way of pointing our that America’s recent wars have been illegitimate wars, because they’re not defensive. They’re all about going elsewhere to overthrow governments.

You know – the kind of thing you’d think most Americans would be against spending their taxes on.

4 Likes

Her campaign chair made a statement to that effect on CNN:

ETA: And apparently Jake Tapper was not amused!

2 Likes

Isn’t that the point of her campaign?

The point of campaign seems increasingly to be to collect money from gullible antiwar donors and funnel it to fellow cult members:

“But her spending is also raising eyebrows. Federal Election Commission records show Gabbard has sent hundreds of thousands of dollars to people affiliated with the Science of Identity Foundation, a fringe sect of Hare Krishna that Gabbard grew up in and that former members describe as a cult.”

She never had the kind of institutional backing or telegenic charisma to be elected president,

She has quite a lot of telegenic charisma. Up until this presidential run she was practically a dead cert for either Senator or Governor here, and local candidates loved to be seen with her. She was a rising star of the Democratic Party until her split in 2016.

3 Likes

It’s likely even her Russian minders have stopped materially supporting Asset Gabbard. At this point, there are so many more productive avenues for them: producing internecine tension between Bernie and Biden supporters, weakening Biden so that he can no longer challenge Asset Zero in the general election.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.