Galaxy Note 7 now banned from air travel

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2016/10/17/galaxy-note-7-now-banned-from.html

I have a friend whose S6 caught fire recently. So be careful out there.

I didn’t get the Note 7 , but only because I JUST got my note 5 (upgraded from note 2). I fucking love doodling with my stylus. Until apple makes a phone with an embedded stylus, you can pry my samsung out of my hot, smoking, disembodied dead hands

2 Likes

Now THATS customer service. :wink:

6 Likes

I’ve got a Galaxy 7 Edge, and I’m going to be flying internationally in a few months; I don’t have to get a new phone first, do I? (Logistics would be a pain)

2 Likes

You should be fine. I have a Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime, which looks similar to the Note but fortunately doesn’t say “Note” on it. I was flying last week and it got looked at carefully but no problems.

2 Likes

Man, miniaturization has gotten quite sophisticated. Just five years ago, I never would have believed you if you told me that I would soon be able to fit a Ford Pinto in my pocket.

11 Likes

ANY of them can catch fire. Any laptop or anything with a Lithium Ion battery can. Take your laptop or phone into the bathroom, puncture battery with one of those nice metal pens, bam wait for the flame to start.

1 Like

And I specifically warned him not to do that!

1 Like

1 Like

Is… is that euphemism? It sounds like a euphemism… A compact package prone premature explosions when hit from behind?

1 Like

As so often (cough), I’m ahead of the curve. My elderly HTC has finally died, and after much research I’ve gone for a Galaxy Note 4. Join me in the Great Leap Forward to 2014!

1 Like

I think the current events show that this is clearly the safer position. I hail your obvious wisdom.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.