Gallery: Dice galore at Comic-Con

Ah Lou Zocchi…I still fondly remember the days when I had the entire Gamescience catalog committed to memory.

Interesting, after checking, my white box from '75 didn’t include dice - just the three books and the pamphlet - dice sold separately, at the time. The first thing I have that included the dice was the Red Box, which had the dice pictured.

The dice I remember most though are the pair of solid flat-purple and tan percentile dice that saw me through years of Chaosium-related games.

I love to plunge my hands in to the big tubs of dice you get on these displays.

You can get some truly funky dice these days. Not just the full run of even numbers from D4 to D20; but things like the D7. We live in days of miracle and wonder.

1 Like

I’m glad I’m not the only one who feels this way. I have a beautiful clear d20 that is one of my lucky rollers.
I haven’t played a tabletop game in a couple years but I want more dice.

wow! the first set i remember had the same blue/white swirl plastic for all of the dice, and the set came with a black felt-tip marker for you to ink in the numbers yourself(!). i thought that was old-school, but i am now put in my place…

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.