Gallery of awful tech garbage at CES

The Make America Great hat version would run on coal.

18 Likes

Nah, they promise that it runs on coal but it’s actually powered by hot air.

11 Likes

please please please tell me you used “the bat voice”…

9 Likes

is that a faraday in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?

for solar powered motorboating.

so you don’t even need to take your phone out of your pocket to listen to music? something something still needs a jack.

okay, i’m done being immature now… :blush::joy: …thanks for indulging my inner grade schooler.

6 Likes

I had a friend who had one.

Do you remember DAK?

6 Likes

Sorry.

2 Likes

Just saw a “smart” water bottle that also had a built-in speaker at the bottom and a phone dock on the side - sorry; once again, no photos. I assume that the only practical use would be to have it sit on your desk.

2 Likes

It looks like a beast!!! water and electronics, what could go wrong?

photo of a photo:

4 Likes

Illumibowl: It’s like a night-light for your toilet.

10 Likes

:musical_note:crap on! crap off! crap on, crap off, with THE CRAPPER!:musical_note:

8 Likes

Oh, FFS. Knock it off and give us the flying cars and nanotechnology already.

9 Likes

“We put technology in your tea !” by “42tea”?

It’s probably Advanced Tea Substitute.

7 Likes

I’d buy that. Never has my poop been more fabulous.

6 Likes

You’ll need these too.

14 Likes

With that BBQ grill cleaner bot, who has the urge to reach over and turn the grill on to see what happens?

8 Likes

Frighteningly, I remember that very catalog. I remember thinking the “Children’s Discovery System” was pretty neat, despite our family already having an actual computer far more powerful. I guess I thought the portability was neat.

2 Likes

normal skinny but flesh is better

I would bionicbird with a footprint

I’m pretty sure I bought a fair amount of stuff from him, though I can’t remember what. He’s still around (or his company is, I think he’s retired), selling audio products that are mainly pretty marginal, though he had a budget phono preamp that was not bad for the money.

1 Like

I think I tried to order an early thermal printer from them for my C64, and I never got it. Constant back orders. I almost think I never got my money back, either.

1 Like